Digital TV News: CBS News
CBS News expands distribution to app stores in 89 countries
Jun 23, 2020 – The CBS News app has expanded distribution to app stores in 89 countries outside the U.S., including on Amazon Fire TV, Google devices, LG Smart TVs and more, as well as VIZIO SmartCast in the U.S. and Canada.
News categories: CBS News, Christy Tanner, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
CBS All Access launches in Canada
Apr 23, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service, has launched in Canada, marking its first expansion into an international market.
News categories: CBS Interactive, CBS All Access, Marc DeBevoise, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, OTT, USA
CBS All Access to expand globally
Aug 7, 2017 – CBS has announced that it is expanding the availability of CBS All Access internationally. The Company’s digital SVOD and live streaming service, will launch initially in Canada in the first half of 2018, with other markets to follow.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Single sign-on coming to Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Apple has announced new Siri capabilities, single sign-on for Apple TV and more features for users. With single sign-on, customers can authenticate all the video channels from their pay-TV providers by simply signing in once to enjoy all of their network-TV apps.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Roger Lynch, Hannibal Soares, Chris Albrecht, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Roku introduces upgraded Roku 3 and Roku 2 streaming players
Apr 6, 2015 – Roku has announced 'Roku Feed', a feature that allows consumers to follow entertainment and get automatic updates on pricing and availability. Roku has also introduced its Roku 3 streaming player with voice search and a faster Roku 2 player.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Canada, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
AT&T Launches Entertainment Website With Online TV Content and Movies
Sep 10, 2009 – AT&T has announced the launch of AT&T Entertainment, a Web site that lets you watch thousands of streaming TV shows and movies on your PC. The content is provided by content providers including ABC, NBC, CBS and dozens more.
News categories: AT&T, OTT, USA
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria