Digital TV News: Cable Onda
Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Feb 20, 2019 – Millicom has announced that it has entered into agreements with Telefónica to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá, Telefónica de Costa Rica and Telefonía Celular de Nicaragua for a combined enterprise value of $1,650 million.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Mauricio Ramos, Costa Rica, MandA, Nicaragua, Panama
Millicom acquires Cable Onda in Panama
Oct 8, 2018 – Millicom has announced that it is acquiring a controlling 80% stake in Cable Onda, a cable and telecommunications service provider in Panama. The transaction values 100% of Cable Onda at an enterprise value of $1,460 million, with a cash consideration of approximately $1,002 million.
News categories: Millicom, Cable Onda, Mauricio Ramos, Nicolás Gonzalez Revilla, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Panama
Cable Onda soon to launch TiVo Gateway DVR
May 15, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Cable Onda will soon offer its customers the latest TiVo Gateway DVR. With the DVR, customers in Panama will have access to a multiroom solution that complements Cable Onda’s TV offerings with OTT content.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Cable Onda, Michael Hawkey, Michael Maduro, Cable TV, Digital TV, Panama, Set Top Box
Cable Onda employs Elemental solutions to power unified headend
Feb 9, 2017 – Elemental has announced that it will power a unified video headend built by Cable Onda. Elemental will facilitate a consistent user experience across Cable Onda broadband networks as well as help Cable Onda provide consumers with access to catch up-TV, networked PVR applications and VOD services.
News categories: Cable Onda, Elemental, Michael Maduro, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Panama, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UX
Panama's Cable Onda selects SeaChange for video back office
Dec 12, 2016 – Cable Onda has begun building its next generation video experience across cable, OTT and IPTV networks on a single video back office with integrated content management and advertising solutions from SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, Cable Onda, Rick Ford, Charlie Brown, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Panama
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029