Digital TV News: Cable Onda
Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Feb 20, 2019 – Millicom has announced that it has entered into agreements with Telefónica to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá, Telefónica de Costa Rica and Telefonía Celular de Nicaragua for a combined enterprise value of $1,650 million.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Mauricio Ramos, Costa Rica, MandA, Nicaragua, Panama
Millicom acquires Cable Onda in Panama
Oct 8, 2018 – Millicom has announced that it is acquiring a controlling 80% stake in Cable Onda, a cable and telecommunications service provider in Panama. The transaction values 100% of Cable Onda at an enterprise value of $1,460 million, with a cash consideration of approximately $1,002 million.
News categories: Millicom, Cable Onda, Mauricio Ramos, Nicolás Gonzalez Revilla, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Panama
Cable Onda soon to launch TiVo Gateway DVR
May 15, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Cable Onda will soon offer its customers the latest TiVo Gateway DVR. With the DVR, customers in Panama will have access to a multiroom solution that complements Cable Onda’s TV offerings with OTT content.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Cable Onda, Michael Hawkey, Michael Maduro, Cable TV, Digital TV, Panama, Set Top Box
Cable Onda employs Elemental solutions to power unified headend
Feb 9, 2017 – Elemental has announced that it will power a unified video headend built by Cable Onda. Elemental will facilitate a consistent user experience across Cable Onda broadband networks as well as help Cable Onda provide consumers with access to catch up-TV, networked PVR applications and VOD services.
News categories: Cable Onda, Elemental, Michael Maduro, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Panama, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UX
Panama's Cable Onda selects SeaChange for video back office
Dec 12, 2016 – Cable Onda has begun building its next generation video experience across cable, OTT and IPTV networks on a single video back office with integrated content management and advertising solutions from SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, Cable Onda, Rick Ford, Charlie Brown, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Panama
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0