Digital TV News: Caretta Research
Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
Sep 21, 2023 – MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators' and forge strategic partnerships with historic competitors in order to defend their incumbent positions, according to Caretta Research.
News categories: Caretta Research, Quickplay, Ed Barton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, UX, Worldwide
Broadcast and Media technology market recovers strongly from the pandemic
Apr 14, 2023 – IABM and Caretta Research have released sizing data for the Broadcast and Media technology market. The industry dropped by 1.9% in 2019, with a further 1.9% in 2020, before rebounding with 7.9% growth in 2021.
News categories: IABM, Caretta Research, Peter White, Rob Ambrose, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
Mar 14, 2023 – Media Distillery has released Ad Break Distillery. The solution identifies the exact start and stop times of ad breaks in broadcast video, enabling enhanced monetization opportunities.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Ed Barton, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
Jan 24, 2023 – Caretta Research has researched and released a report, sponsored by iWedia, that provides an update on set-top box (STB) professionals' preferences and buying behaviours in the post-pandemic era.
News categories: iWedia, Caretta Research, Hans Jurgen Desor, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification