Digital TV News: ComReg
Ireland to build €70 million digital TV network including new satellite service
Jul 29, 2010 – Ireland's Communications Minister has announced plans for the transition from analogue to digital television in the country. RTÉ will build the replacement digital service, available on both a terrestrial network and a satellite network.
News categories: RTÉ, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Terrestrial
Ireland - ComReg consults on Spectrum for Mobile TV
Jun 18, 2008 – Ireland's Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has announced its public consultation on the award of UHF spectrum initially in the five urban areas of Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Waterford.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, Regulation
ComReg publishes licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television
Nov 9, 2007 – The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has published its response to consultation on licensing Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and its licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television.
News categories: ComReg, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Ireland - Consultation on DTT Multiplex Licence Conditions
Aug 31, 2007 – ComReg is conscious that in order to facilitate the establishment of DTT in Ireland, the framework within which ComReg intends to licence and regulate DTT multiplex licences needs to be developed.
News categories: Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Minister Eamon Ryan launches first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event at Leinster GAA Final
Jul 15, 2007 – Ireland's Minister for Communications has launched the first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event - the first of its kind under the Digital Terrestrial Television Pilot, currently underway.
News categories: Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria