Digital TV News: ComReg
Ireland to build €70 million digital TV network including new satellite service
Jul 29, 2010 – Ireland's Communications Minister has announced plans for the transition from analogue to digital television in the country. RTÉ will build the replacement digital service, available on both a terrestrial network and a satellite network.
News categories: RTÉ, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Terrestrial
Ireland - ComReg consults on Spectrum for Mobile TV
Jun 18, 2008 – Ireland's Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has announced its public consultation on the award of UHF spectrum initially in the five urban areas of Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Waterford.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, Regulation
ComReg publishes licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television
Nov 9, 2007 – The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has published its response to consultation on licensing Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and its licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial, TV Services
Ireland - Consultation on DTT Multiplex Licence Conditions
Aug 31, 2007 – ComReg is conscious that in order to facilitate the establishment of DTT in Ireland, the framework within which ComReg intends to licence and regulate DTT multiplex licences needs to be developed.
News categories: Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial, TV Services
Minister Eamon Ryan launches first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event at Leinster GAA Final
Jul 15, 2007 – Ireland's Minister for Communications has launched the first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event - the first of its kind under the Digital Terrestrial Television Pilot, currently underway.
News categories: Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
- MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting