Digital TV News: Cox Media Group
Five Atlanta TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 24, 2021 – Television viewers in Atlanta, the seventh-ranked media market in the US, can now experience the future of broadcast television as five local TV stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Meredith, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
Jul 21, 2021 – Cox Media Group (CMG) Local Solutions has announced a strategic initiative with Amazon Advertising that will enable its advertisers to programmatically buy display and OTT ads through Amazon DSP and analyze their performance.
News categories: Cox Media Group, Amazon Advertising, Joe Weir, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Charlotte, NC
Jul 7, 2021 – Five local TV stations in Charlotte, NC have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are Cox Media's WAXN-TV and WSOC-TV (ABC), Nexstar's WJZY-TV (FOX), Gray Television's WBTV-TV (CBS) and TEGNA's WCNC-TV (NBC).
News categories: Pearl TV, Cox Media Group, Anne Schelle, Paul Curran, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV stations in Orlando launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jul 1, 2021 – Eight Orlando TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are WRBW-TV, WOFL-TV, WFTV-TV, WRDQ-TV, WKMG-TV, WESH-TV, WKCF-TV and WUCF-TV. Orlando is the 17th largest TV market in the U.S.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Mike McClain, John Soapes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Seattle becomes latest large market to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 16, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Seattle, Washington, including KOMO-TV (ABC), KIRO-TV (CBS), KCPQ (FOX), KING-TV (NBC), KONG (Ind.), KZJO (MyNet), and KUNS-TV (Univision), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitPath, Dan York, Richard Friedel, Mark Aitken, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Tastemade selects Gamut to grow local OTT ad sales
Aug 13, 2020 – Gamut and Tastemade have announced that Gamut will now have access to Tastemade's 24/7 Streaming Network inventory – a channel that features programming in the categories of Food, Travel, and Home & Design.
News categories: Gamut, Tastemade, Soo Jin Oh, Jeff Imberman, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Comscore and Cox Media expand TV measurement agreement
Jun 9, 2020 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced an agreement to provide Cox Media Group (CMG) with TV measurement in six new markets: Syracuse, NY, Spokane, WA, Idaho Falls, ID, Eureka, CA, Binghamton, NY, and Alexandria, LA.
News categories: Comscore, Cox Media Group, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, USA
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community