Digital TV News: IPTV Interoperability Forum
ATIS Creates Solution to Securely Authenticate Devices and Subscribers Across IPTV Networks
Jan 25, 2012 – ATIS has released a solution to securely identify and authenticate computers, TVs and other devices for connection into IPTV networks to enable video and other multimedia content to flow freely to users wherever they want it on the device of their choice.
News categories: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, Content Protection, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
New IIF Standards Address Content on Demand and Managing the Trust Hierarchy
Mar 8, 2011 – ATIS has announced the release of two standards created by the ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF) - the IPTV Content on Demand Service (ATIS-0800042) and the Managing the IIF Trust Hierarchy Interoperability Specification (ATIS-0800023).
News categories: IPTV Interoperability Forum, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming
ATIS IIF Launches Stereoscopic 3DTV Quality Initiative
Dec 14, 2010 – The Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions' (ATIS) IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF) has launched a work program to address Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) for Stereoscopic 3D IPTV.
News categories: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, IPTV, Metaverse
ATIS IIF Delivers New IPTV Standards
Nov 17, 2009 – ATIS has announced the release of three IPTV new standards: a test plan for validating objective quality models; Software download sequence and remote management security; and network provider domains, home networks, and the IPTV terminal device.
News categories: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum Completes Phase 1 Work
Apr 17, 2009 – The Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS) has announced the release of five new standards - establishing IPTV's foundational framework - created by ATIS' IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF).
News categories: Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, Digital TV, IPTV
ATIS IIF Releases Key Standard on Network Attachment and Initialization of Devices & Client Discovery of IPTV Services
Oct 20, 2008 – ATIS has announced the release of a new standard created by the ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF). This document specifies the initial set of activities that prepare devices in the consumer domain to receive and consume IPTV services.
News categories: IPTV Interoperability Forum, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
ATIS Validates VueKey Solution to Meet FCC Directive for Separable Security for IPTV
Oct 14, 2008 – ATIS has announced that its IP-Based Separable Security Incubator (ISSI) has proven the viability of an access card broadly compatible with set-top boxes and televisions that enables IPTV companies to ensure the security of high-value content.
News categories: ATIS, CAM, Content Protection, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ITU announces first global set of standards for IPTV
Dec 18, 2007 – The standards were built with technical contributions from leading service providers and manufacturers from the information and communication technology (ICT) sector and cement ITU's role as the global leader in IPTV standards development.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV, IPTV
ATIS Releases IPTV High Level Architecture
Jun 14, 2007 – ATIS has announced the release of its IPTV High Level Architecture Standard, developed by the ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF). It serves as a reference architecture for IPTV functional specifications being developed by the IIF.
News categories: IIF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December