Digital TV News: Nexstar Media
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC, Digital TV, USA
Nexstar Media and Nielsen conclude measurement services agreement
Jan 6, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) have announced an agreement whereby Nielsen will provide a comprehensive suite of measurement services for all broadcast and cable entities across the Nexstar Media Group.
News categories: Nielsen, Nexstar, Peter Bradbury, Timothy Busch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nexstar transitions ad sales to impressions-based currency
Oct 28, 2019 – Nexstar Broadcasting (Nasdaq: NXST) is to transition its advertising sales to a cost-per-impression (CPM) model. Nexstar has been working with Comscore to develop suitable audience measurement metrics for all of its video platforms.
News categories: Nexstar, Comscore, Tim Busch, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nexstar Digital introduces TViQ audience solution
Jun 6, 2019 – Nexstar Digital has announced the launch of its proprietary TViQ audience solution, giving advertisers the power to leverage local broadcast audience data to reach their ideal viewers at scale across all forms of digital video advertising.
News categories: Nexstar, Greg Morrow, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
FreeWheel cuts inefficiencies in the local TV advertising process
Apr 9, 2019 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has launched enhancements to its Strata platform that will bring additional automation to the local TV advertising process. These enhancements will bring greater efficiencies to many of the tasks associated with buying such advertising.
News categories: FreeWheel, Joy Baer, Adam Herman, Brett Jenkins, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform