Digital TV News: Seoul Broadcasting System
SK Telecom partners with Korean broadcasters to develop business on 5G
Apr 30, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has signed an MOU with SBS. SK Telecom now has MOUs with the top three terrestrial TV broadcasting stations in Korea, namely KBS, MBC and SBS. SK Telecom will work with each partner to develop solutions and business models based on 5G.
News categories: SK Telecom, SBS, MBC, KBS, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Korea, VR
ATSC 3.0 launches in Korea with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
Oct 12, 2017 – Broadcasters Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS), Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) have launched the world's first terrestrial ATSC 3.0 broadcast network in South Korea for free UHDTV broadcasts.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz transmitters used by first ATSC 3.0 broadcaster
Jan 20, 2017 – In December 2016, SBS, a broadcasting company in South Korea, aired the first broadcast in the ATSC 3.0 UHD standard. The sporting event was terrestrially broadcast on Kwanak Mountain using a Rohde & Schwarz transmitter system.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, SBS, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
ENENSYS selected by SBS in Korea for ATSC 3.0 rollout
Jan 18, 2017 – ENENSYS, working with partner SMC NS, has been selected by Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) in Korea to supply its new ATSCheduler and IPGuard products for the launch of ATSC 3.0 DTT services in February this year.
News categories: ENENSYS, Seoul Broadcasting System, Colin Prior, Sang Jim Kim, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz installs world's first ATSC 3.0 SFN network in Korea
Sep 1, 2016 – Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) has opted for an SFN-based transmitter network from Rohde & Schwarz featuring a 1+1 passive reserve configuration with ATSC 3.0. SBS plans to broadcast the upcoming Winter Olympics in UHD.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Seoul Broadcasting System, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device