Digital TV News: Skitter
30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
Jul 24, 2017 – With an additional nine TV operators joining SES’s Ultra HD trials, a total of 30 US Pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES’s 4K content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Corda, Jonathan Bullock, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
23% of U.S. millennial heads of household are OTT-only
Jun 14, 2016 – Parks Associates has found that 23% of Millennial heads of household are OTT-only households, higher than the national average of 15% among all U.S broadband households. The firm's analysts also note that 61% of Millennials subscribe to both pay-TV and OTT services, also higher than the national average of 52%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Ruby-Ren Bond, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Skitter and Conklin-Intracom forge partnership
May 7, 2015 – Skitter and Conklin-Intracom have joined forces to market and deliver an Internet protocol television (IPTV) service solution. Skitter TV, a managed IPTV video solution, will be powered by Conklin-Intracom's IPTV middleware.
News categories: Skitter, Conklin-Intracom, Robert Saunders, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Grand River Mutual signs with Skitter TV for IPTV
Jun 9, 2014 – Skitter TV has announced that Grand River Mutual Telephone Corporation (GRM Networks) has selected Skitter TV's digital video services platform to deliver IPTV services to customers of GRM Networks in Princeton and Bethany, MO and Leon, IA.
News categories: Skitter TV, GRM Networks, Robert Saunders, Ron Hinds, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
Peoples Communication partners with Skitter to bring IPTV to East Texas
Apr 15, 2014 – Skitter has announced that Peoples Communication (PCI) will deploy Skitter TV, offering an advanced IPTV platform to customers in several East Texas counties and communities.
News categories: Skitter, Peoples Communication, Scott Thompson, Robert Saunders, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Skitter builds on momentum with Sierra Telephone IPTV launch
Apr 3, 2014 – Skitter has announced that it has launched another Skitter TV converged IPTV platform to deliver next generation TV services to customers of Sierra Telephone of Oakhurst, California.
News categories: Skitter, Sierra Telephone, Bob Saunders, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
SkitterTV selects Amino OTT-enhanced IPTV set-top boxes for US deployment
Oct 25, 2011 – Amino (AIM: AMO) has secured a contract to provide SkitterTV with set-top boxes. The Atlanta-based company selected Amino STBs because of their ability to deliver both traditional IPTV services and content delivered over the open internet.
News categories: Amino, Skitter, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Skitter Now Shipping Hybrid IPTV/OTT Set-Top Box
Nov 3, 2010 – Skitter has announced the availability of a new hybrid IPTV/OTT set-top box that delivers live television, over-the-top (OTT) Web video, digital audio and apps in both high definition and standard definition from a single device.
News categories: Skitter, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated