Digital TV News: Skitter
30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
Jul 24, 2017 – With an additional nine TV operators joining SES’s Ultra HD trials, a total of 30 US Pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES’s 4K content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Corda, Jonathan Bullock, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
23% of U.S. millennial heads of household are OTT-only
Jun 14, 2016 – Parks Associates has found that 23% of Millennial heads of household are OTT-only households, higher than the national average of 15% among all U.S broadband households. The firm's analysts also note that 61% of Millennials subscribe to both pay-TV and OTT services, also higher than the national average of 52%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Ruby-Ren Bond, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Skitter and Conklin-Intracom forge partnership
May 7, 2015 – Skitter and Conklin-Intracom have joined forces to market and deliver an Internet protocol television (IPTV) service solution. Skitter TV, a managed IPTV video solution, will be powered by Conklin-Intracom's IPTV middleware.
News categories: Skitter, Conklin-Intracom, Robert Saunders, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Grand River Mutual signs with Skitter TV for IPTV
Jun 9, 2014 – Skitter TV has announced that Grand River Mutual Telephone Corporation (GRM Networks) has selected Skitter TV's digital video services platform to deliver IPTV services to customers of GRM Networks in Princeton and Bethany, MO and Leon, IA.
News categories: Skitter TV, GRM Networks, Robert Saunders, Ron Hinds, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
Peoples Communication partners with Skitter to bring IPTV to East Texas
Apr 15, 2014 – Skitter has announced that Peoples Communication (PCI) will deploy Skitter TV, offering an advanced IPTV platform to customers in several East Texas counties and communities.
News categories: Skitter, Peoples Communication, Scott Thompson, Robert Saunders, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Skitter builds on momentum with Sierra Telephone IPTV launch
Apr 3, 2014 – Skitter has announced that it has launched another Skitter TV converged IPTV platform to deliver next generation TV services to customers of Sierra Telephone of Oakhurst, California.
News categories: Skitter, Sierra Telephone, Bob Saunders, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
SkitterTV selects Amino OTT-enhanced IPTV set-top boxes for US deployment
Oct 25, 2011 – Amino (AIM: AMO) has secured a contract to provide SkitterTV with set-top boxes. The Atlanta-based company selected Amino STBs because of their ability to deliver both traditional IPTV services and content delivered over the open internet.
News categories: Amino, Skitter, DVR, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Skitter Now Shipping Hybrid IPTV/OTT Set-Top Box
Nov 3, 2010 – Skitter has announced the availability of a new hybrid IPTV/OTT set-top box that delivers live television, over-the-top (OTT) Web video, digital audio and apps in both high definition and standard definition from a single device.
News categories: Skitter, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi