Digital TV News: Smart Telecom
Ireland's Smart Telecom to soft-launch IPTV service in April
Mar 27, 2008 – Smart Telecom has said that next month it will soft-launch its IPTV service in locations close to the 37 unbundled exchanges where it currently offers broadband.
News categories: Smart Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
Smart Telecom Selects Verimatrix to Secure Advanced IPTV Offering
Nov 27, 2007 – Verimatrix has announced that leading Irish telecoms provider Smart Telecom has selected Verimatrix to secure its advanced interactive and Video-on-Demand (VoD) service in Ireland.
News categories: Verimatrix, Smart Telecom, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
Smart Telecom Selects Thomson's End-to-End Triple Play Solutions
Oct 9, 2007 – Smart Telecom, a leading Irish telecoms provider, has selected Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE; TMS) to provide an end-to-end solution for its launch of advanced triple-play packages.
News categories: Thomson, Smart Telecom, BBWF, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Ireland - Smart invests €2.5m to boost internet TV rollout
Sep 3, 2007 – A reinvigorated and ambitious Smart Telecom has revealed it is investing €2.5m in its internet protocol TV (IPTV) service to bring triple play services to its existing 15,000 residential customers.
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand