Digital TV News: Smart Telecom
Ireland's Smart Telecom to soft-launch IPTV service in April
Mar 27, 2008 – Smart Telecom has said that next month it will soft-launch its IPTV service in locations close to the 37 unbundled exchanges where it currently offers broadband.
News categories: Smart Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
Smart Telecom Selects Verimatrix to Secure Advanced IPTV Offering
Nov 27, 2007 – Verimatrix has announced that leading Irish telecoms provider Smart Telecom has selected Verimatrix to secure its advanced interactive and Video-on-Demand (VoD) service in Ireland.
News categories: Verimatrix, Smart Telecom, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
Smart Telecom Selects Thomson's End-to-End Triple Play Solutions
Oct 9, 2007 – Smart Telecom, a leading Irish telecoms provider, has selected Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE; TMS) to provide an end-to-end solution for its launch of advanced triple-play packages.
News categories: Thomson, Smart Telecom, BBWF, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Ireland - Smart invests €2.5m to boost internet TV rollout
Sep 3, 2007 – A reinvigorated and ambitious Smart Telecom has revealed it is investing €2.5m in its internet protocol TV (IPTV) service to bring triple play services to its existing 15,000 residential customers.
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia