Digital TV News: Smart Telecom
Ireland's Smart Telecom to soft-launch IPTV service in April
Mar 27, 2008 – Smart Telecom has said that next month it will soft-launch its IPTV service in locations close to the 37 unbundled exchanges where it currently offers broadband.
News categories: Smart Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
Smart Telecom Selects Verimatrix to Secure Advanced IPTV Offering
Nov 27, 2007 – Verimatrix has announced that leading Irish telecoms provider Smart Telecom has selected Verimatrix to secure its advanced interactive and Video-on-Demand (VoD) service in Ireland.
News categories: Verimatrix, Smart Telecom, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
Smart Telecom Selects Thomson's End-to-End Triple Play Solutions
Oct 9, 2007 – Smart Telecom, a leading Irish telecoms provider, has selected Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE; TMS) to provide an end-to-end solution for its launch of advanced triple-play packages.
News categories: Thomson, Smart Telecom, BBWF, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Ireland - Smart invests €2.5m to boost internet TV rollout
Sep 3, 2007 – A reinvigorated and ambitious Smart Telecom has revealed it is investing €2.5m in its internet protocol TV (IPTV) service to bring triple play services to its existing 15,000 residential customers.
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania