Digital TV News: Sony Network Entertainment
PlayStation Vue expands to cover the entire U.S. market
Mar 14, 2016 – PlayStation Vue is expanding, extending the service to an additional 203 TV designated market areas (DMAs) to cover the entire U.S. Consumers in the newly launched TV markets will have access to PlayStation Vue's Slim multi-channel plans starting at $29.99 per month.
News categories: Playstation, PlayStation Vue, Eric Lempel, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, USA
PlayStation Vue announces a-la-carte offerings
Jun 16, 2015 – Sony has announced that it will begin offering PS4 and PS3 owners in the U.S. the option to subscribe to individual channels through a-la-carte offerings, beginning with SHOWTIME, FOX Soccer Plus and an exclusive service from Machinima.
News categories: Sony Network Entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment, Dwayne Benefield, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, USA
Showtime partners with Roku and PlayStation Vue for streaming
Jun 8, 2015 – On the heels of announcing the SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service, Showtime has partnered with Roku’s Roku players and Roku TV models and Sony Network Entertainment’s PlayStation Vue for the launch in early July.
News categories: Showtime, Roku, Sony Network Entertainment, Matthew C. Blank, Steve Shannon, Dwayne Benefield, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
PlayStation Vue launches on PS3 and PS4 consoles
Mar 18, 2015 – Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) have announced that PlayStation Vue, their cloud-based TV service, has launched on PlayStation 4 (PS4) and PlayStation 3 (PS3) computer entertainment systems.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Entertainment Network, Andrew House, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, USA
Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
Jan 28, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) have announced that PlayStation™Network (PSN) will be the premium entertainment service brand which encompasses games, TV, video and music services.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Network Entertainment International, Andrew House, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, Worldwide
Sony unveils PlayStation Vue cloud-based TV Service
Nov 13, 2014 – Sony has unveiled PlayStation Vue. PlayStation Vue leverages the power of the cloud to combine live, on-demand, and catch-up TV content with a user interface that delivers personalization and simplicity.
News categories: PlayStation, Sony Network Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, Tablet, USA
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia