Digital TV News: VAB
VAB releases 'The Truth About CTV Ad Fraud' report
Apr 24, 2023 – The VAB's new report The Truth About CTV Ad Fraud' sheds light on what constitutes real fraud, how the viewing environment impacts trust, and how marketers can minimize exposure to fraudulent practices.
News categories: VAB, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. JIC reveals certification criteria for premium video measurement
Mar 6, 2023 – OpenAP on behalf of the U.S. JIC has announced the publication of initial requirements for premium video cross-platform currencies, a milestone in coalescing the industry around common standards.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
U.S. programmers cooperate on measurement and viewership data through OpenAP
Jan 9, 2023 – OpenAP, with Fox, NBCUniversal, Paramount, TelevisaUnivision, and Warner Bros. Discovery and the VAB, are working together to develop a measurement certification process and a unified streaming viewership dataset.
News categories: OpenAP, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
OpenAP launches TV cross-platform measurement framework powered by OpenID
Dec 9, 2021 – OpenAP has announced the launch of XPm, a cross-platform measurement framework. XPm is the collective TV publisher response to the ANA's call to evolve to a cross-screen media measurement framework for marketers.
News categories: OpenAP, VAB, GroupM, ANA, David Levy, Sean Cunningham, Matt Sweeney, Bill Tucker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
Oct 21, 2019 – egta, supported by The Global TV Group, has released a TV Charter defining television companies’ commitment towards the responsible and transparent measurement of advertising in the TV/video ecosystem.
News categories: egta, The Global TV Group, Malin Häger, Jamie West, Lindsey Clay, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.