Digital TV News: African Cable Television
ACTV launches Nigeria's first CAM-Card for Smart TVs
Jul 23, 2015 – Nigeria's African Cable Television (ACTV) has announced the launch of its ACTV CAM-Card for satellite Smart TVs. ACTV has entered into a partnership with LG to bring the product to as many Nigerians as possible.
News categories: African Cable Television, Joseph Chitanta, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Smart TV
Nigeria's ACTV DTH chooses AMOS-5 satellite
Jan 26, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite has won a multi-year contract to transmit ACTV (African Cable TV), Nigeria's newest Pay TV platform, from its 17°E orbital position.
News categories: Spacecom, African Cable Television, Eitan Mesika, Godfrey Okreh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
ACTV DTH satellite TV launches in Nigeria
Dec 1, 2014 – African Cable Television (ACTV – pronounced 'Active') has launched its DTH satellite pay TV service in Africa. ACTV offers four packages ACTV Prime, ACTV Family, ACTV Family Max and ACTV Premium, ranging from 19 to over 60 channels.
News categories: African Cable Television, Digital TV, DVR, Nigeria, Satellite
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030