Digital TV News: African Cable Television
ACTV launches Nigeria's first CAM-Card for Smart TVs
Jul 23, 2015 – Nigeria's African Cable Television (ACTV) has announced the launch of its ACTV CAM-Card for satellite Smart TVs. ACTV has entered into a partnership with LG to bring the product to as many Nigerians as possible.
News categories: African Cable Television, Joseph Chitanta, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Smart TV
Nigeria's ACTV DTH chooses AMOS-5 satellite
Jan 26, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite has won a multi-year contract to transmit ACTV (African Cable TV), Nigeria's newest Pay TV platform, from its 17°E orbital position.
News categories: Spacecom, African Cable Television, Eitan Mesika, Godfrey Okreh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
ACTV DTH satellite TV launches in Nigeria
Dec 1, 2014 – African Cable Television (ACTV – pronounced 'Active') has launched its DTH satellite pay TV service in Africa. ACTV offers four packages ACTV Prime, ACTV Family, ACTV Family Max and ACTV Premium, ranging from 19 to over 60 channels.
News categories: African Cable Television, Digital TV, DVR, Nigeria, Satellite
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues