Digital TV News: Andrew Bennett
Amazon Prime app added to DISH Hopper 3
Dec 16, 2019 – DISH has released the Amazon Prime Video app on Hopper 3, expanding the streaming options on the DVR. Amazon Prime complements the existing DISH experience by allowing customers to stream Amazon content from the same platform as their DISH TV programming.
News categories: DISH Network, Prime Video, Brian Neylon, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
Dec 3, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has launched the Prime Video app on select TiVo devices at its U.S. pay-TV operator customers. Content available in the app is easy to find through OneSearch, which serves up entertainment across live TV, on demand, and other streaming video apps.
News categories: TiVo, Amazon Prime Video, Dave Shull, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
Sep 16, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced plans to launch Amazon Prime Video on the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform, providing access to the entire Prime Video catalog, for Altice’s Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: Altice USA, Prime Video, Hakim Boubazine, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Cox adds Amazon Prime Video access to Contour voice remote
May 13, 2019 – Cox Communications has announced that Contour customers now have access to Amazon Prime Video. By simply saying "Amazon Prime Video" or "Prime Video" into their Contour voice remote, customers can watch Amazon Originals.
News categories: Cox Communications, Prime Video, Kevin Hart, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
YouTube Apps to launch on Fire TV; Prime Video on Chromecast and Android TV
Apr 18, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) have announced that the official YouTube app will soon launch on Amazon Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and that the Prime Video app will be available for streaming to Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices.
News categories: Prime Video, YouTube, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, USA
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment