Digital TV News: Barbara Bessolo
Technicolor builds 20 millionth STB for DIRECTV PanAmericana
Nov 2, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has manufactured the 20th million set-top-box for DIRECTV PanAmericana. Over the past 22 years Technicolor has worked in partnership with DIRECTV to provide a wide range of basic and advanced set-top-boxes for use in the US and throughout Latin America.
News categories: Technicolor, DIRECTV PanAmericana, Barbara Bessolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor delivers 100 millionth set-top box to DIRECTV
Jul 1, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has delivered the 100th million set-top-box for DIRECTV. For the past 20+ years, Technicolor has worked in partnership with DIRECTV to provide set-top-boxes for use in the U.S. and throughout Latin America.
News categories: Technicolor, DIRECTV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Technicolor, Entropic Power Comcast Xfinity HD Video Calling Experience
May 21, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris:TCH) and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced that Comcast's (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity HD video calling service uses a custom-developed adapter from Technicolor powered by a broadcast system-on-a-chip from Entropic.
News categories: Technicolor, Entropic, Comcast, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Social TV, USA
Technicolor to Deliver Telepresence Solution for Future Comcast HD Video Conferencing
Jul 28, 2011 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it will deliver a custom-developed telepresence adapter to Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) designed to deliver high-definition video conferencing (calling) through TV sets.
News categories: Technicolor, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy