Digital TV News: ComReg
ComReg publishes results of 2017 Ireland Communicates Survey
Mar 23, 2018 – The trends highlighted in the 2017 Ireland Communicates survey reflect the growing importance of telecommunications in our everyday lives. We are using technology in more ways than ever before, from streaming online TV content to video calling.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Market Research, Streaming
Ireland to build €70 million digital TV network including new satellite service
Jul 29, 2010 – Ireland's Communications Minister has announced plans for the transition from analogue to digital television in the country. RTÉ will build the replacement digital service, available on both a terrestrial network and a satellite network.
News categories: RTÉ, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Terrestrial
MPEG-4 chosen for Irish Digital Terrestrial TV
Jul 31, 2008 – Communications Minister Eamon Ryan has announced that Ireland's first DTT trial will end on August 1st, 2008. The Minister announced the results of the trial, the technology chosen for digital TV in Ireland and a timeline for national rollout.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Ireland - ComReg consults on Spectrum for Mobile TV
Jun 18, 2008 – Ireland's Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has announced its public consultation on the award of UHF spectrum initially in the five urban areas of Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Waterford.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, Regulation
ComReg publishes licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television
Nov 9, 2007 – The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has published its response to consultation on licensing Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and its licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial, TV Services
Ireland - Consultation on DTT Multiplex Licence Conditions
Aug 31, 2007 – ComReg is conscious that in order to facilitate the establishment of DTT in Ireland, the framework within which ComReg intends to licence and regulate DTT multiplex licences needs to be developed.
News categories: Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial, TV Services
Minister Eamon Ryan launches first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event at Leinster GAA Final
Jul 15, 2007 – Ireland's Minister for Communications has launched the first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event - the first of its kind under the Digital Terrestrial Television Pilot, currently underway.
News categories: Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max