Digital TV News: David MacQueen
Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
Aug 22, 2022 – As investment in the metaverse grows, ownership of dedicated metaverse devices (VR and AR headsets) is set to surge. A Strategy Analytics report predicts the installed base to double by 2024, from 50 million today.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David MacQueen, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Sony captured 30% of VR hardware revenues in 2018
Aug 5, 2019 – Strategy Analytics' data on the VR headset market shows a decline in annual hardware revenues for the first time. The decline is confined to the low value segment however. The forecast shows continued growth in the Console and PC-tethered VR segments.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David MacQueen, David Kerr, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Google dominates VR headset shipments
Feb 21, 2017 – 2016 saw the launch of multiple new VR platforms. Strategy Analytics estimates that over 30 million VR headsets shipped, split between 6 major competing VR platforms in an increasingly fragmented landscape.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David MacQueen, Cliff Raskind, Market Research, Metaverse, MWC22, Worldwide
Mobile media revenue to approach $380 billion by 2018
Aug 4, 2014 – According to Strategy Analytics, spending on consumer mobile media services consumed via the handset (which excludes tablet spend) will rise from just above $236 Billion in 2013 to approach $380 Billion by 2018.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Nitesh Patel, David MacQueen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars