Digital TV News: Joe Natale
Rogers to acquire Shaw in $26 billion transaction
Mar 15, 2021 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have reached an agreement for Rogers to acquire all of Shaw’s issued and outstanding Class A and Class B shares in a transaction valued at around $26 billion.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, Joe Natale, Edward Rogers, Brad Shaw, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite
TELUS launches Optik TV for Xbox 360 and Optik on the go for mobile clients
Feb 7, 2012 – Canada's TELUS has announced two new ways customers can enjoy Optik TV - Optik TV for Xbox 360 and Optik on the go for mobile clients. With the addition of an Xbox 360 Kinect, users can employ voice commands and hand gestures to control their TV.
News categories: TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Smartphone, Tablet
TELUS launches satellite TV for Western Canada
Jun 29, 2009 – TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) Satellite TV is now available across Alberta and British Columbia (B.C.). TELUS Satellite TV is available to more than 90 per cent of homes in Alberta and B.C and residents can now add it to their suite of services from TELUS.
News categories: TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, Satellite
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0