Digital TV News: John Buffone
U.S. weekly Netflix usage up 72% since COVID-19 pandemic began
May 4, 2020 – Since shelter at home orders were announced in the U.S., there has been a 72% increase in the number of Netflix subscriber profiles that were used to stream video each week, according to NPD. Less densely populated regions also saw DVD and Blu-ray sales growth.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Blu-ray, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
15% of U.S. households have a DTC channel subscription
Mar 21, 2019 – Driven by the influx of new services, faster in-home broadband speeds, and TV-connected device adoption, Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) channel adoption rates grew three-fold over the last three years to reach 15%t of U.S. households, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Connected TV and streaming player adoption spurring digital video purchases and rentals
Oct 30, 2018 – According to The NPD Group, as of August 2018, 61 million households in the U.S. had at least one internet-connected TV, video game console, Blu-ray Disc player or streaming media player. As a result more consumers are choosing to rent and purchase digital movies.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Ricardo Solar, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
7% annual growth expected for connected TV devices in the U.S.
Sep 6, 2018 – In the U.S., at the end of 2017, 210 million devices were installed in consumer homes actively delivering internet connectivity to the TV screen, and by the end of 2021 there are forecast to be 275 million, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Video streaming on TV-connected devices continues to grow in the US
Oct 25, 2017 – According to NPD, 57% of all U.S. smartphone users access video content via an app at least once a month, with iOS users more likely than Android users to access video content, 66 percent versus 49 percent, respectively.
News categories: NPD Group, Brad Akyuz, John Buffone, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Smart TVs to drive nearly half of US installed Connected TV device growth
Jun 28, 2017 – By the end of 2020 there are forecast to be 260 million installed devices attached to the internet and able to deliver apps to TVs, according to NPD. This represents 31 percent growth in TV-connected devices over the forecast period.
News categories: NPD, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
60% of U.S. broadband homes have a TV connected to the internet
Apr 19, 2017 – 60% of U.S. internet homes now have an installed connected TV device, according to NPD. As the number of connected TV homes continues to grow, the devices used to make those connections have shifted.
News categories: NPD, John Buffone, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
238 million installed connected TV devices expected by 2019
Dec 16, 2016 – According to the NPD Connected Intelligence Connected Home Forecast, by the end of 2019, 238 million installed devices are expected to be connected to the Internet and able to deliver apps to TVs.
News categories: NPD, John Buffone, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
4K UHD TV to shift from early adopter to mass market
Nov 21, 2016 – With awareness and interest on the rise, this holiday season could mark the shift in the 4K Ultra-High Definition (UHD) TV consumer base from early adopter to mass market audience, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees