Digital TV News: John Halley
ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
Aug 4, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) is to launch ViacomCBS EyeQ, a connected video advertising platform that will serve as a single transactional point of entry for digital video content from ViacomCBS’ portfolio of networks.
News categories: ViacomCBS, John Halley, David Lawenda, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
May 29, 2020 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA), Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) and ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) have agreed to take equal ownership of Blockgraph. The joint venture is focused on ushering in a new way of using audience data for advanced TV and premium video advertising.
News categories: Blockgraph, Comcast Advertising, Charter Communications, ViacomCBS, Jason Manningham, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, John Halley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
Oct 8, 2019 – OpenAP, the advanced advertising company owned by Fox Corporation, NBCUniversal and Viacom, has launched OpenAP Market, a marketplace that offers video advertising inventory and audience-based buying across the largest collection of digital and linear TV programming.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Meredith Brace, Krishan Bhatia, John Halley, AJ Kintner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom unveil OpenAP 2.0
Apr 25, 2019 – FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom have unveiled OpenAP 2.0, expanding the audience platform into a centralized video marketplace with workflow automation for national linear and long-form digital video, developed in collaboration with Accenture and FreeWheel.
News categories: Viacom, NBCUniversal, FOX, John Halley, Sean Moran, Krishan Bhatia, Linda Yaccarino, Meredith Brace, Marianne Gambelli, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.