Digital TV News: John Halley
Discovery makes investment in OpenAP
Jan 10, 2022 – OpenAP and Discovery, Inc. (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have announced that Discovery will become a minority owner of OpenAP, the advanced advertising company bringing scale to audience-based campaigns in television.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., OpenAP, Jim Keller, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
VideoAmp and ViacomCBS announce TV measurement partnership
Sep 28, 2021 – VideoAmp has announced a partnership with ViacomCBS in which it will provide the media and entertainment company with an alternative currency to plan, transact and measure national media campaigns.
News categories: VideoAmp, ViacomCBS, Ross McCray, John Halley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ViacomCBS renews TV measurement deal with Comscore
Apr 27, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced an expanded renewal agreement to provide ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) with Comscore’s National TV measurement currency for its portfolio of news, entertainment and sports networks.
News categories: Comscore, ViacomCBS, Carol Hinnant, John Halley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
Aug 4, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) is to launch ViacomCBS EyeQ, a connected video advertising platform that will serve as a single transactional point of entry for digital video content from ViacomCBS’ portfolio of networks.
News categories: ViacomCBS, John Halley, David Lawenda, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
May 29, 2020 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA), Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) and ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) have agreed to take equal ownership of Blockgraph. The joint venture is focused on ushering in a new way of using audience data for advanced TV and premium video advertising.
News categories: Blockgraph, Comcast Advertising, Charter Communications, ViacomCBS, Jason Manningham, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, John Halley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
Oct 8, 2019 – OpenAP, the advanced advertising company owned by Fox Corporation, NBCUniversal and Viacom, has launched OpenAP Market, a marketplace that offers video advertising inventory and audience-based buying across the largest collection of digital and linear TV programming.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Meredith Brace, Krishan Bhatia, John Halley, AJ Kintner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom unveil OpenAP 2.0
Apr 25, 2019 – FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom have unveiled OpenAP 2.0, expanding the audience platform into a centralized video marketplace with workflow automation for national linear and long-form digital video, developed in collaboration with Accenture and FreeWheel.
News categories: Viacom, NBCUniversal, FOX, John Halley, Sean Moran, Krishan Bhatia, Linda Yaccarino, Meredith Brace, Marianne Gambelli, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope