Digital TV News: Jonathan Steuer
TVision data enables person-level ad measurement
Nov 16, 2020 – TVision has announced Advanced Audience Projections. TV measurement and advertising platform players, including Oracle Data Cloud, Xandr, VideoAmp and iSpot are already using the data to go beyond household data to person-level measurement.
News categories: TVision, Yan Liu, Kevin Whitcher, Jason Burke, Jonathan Steuer, Robert Bareuther, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
Mar 31, 2020 – VideoAmp has launched the most comprehensive and accurate commingled dataset in the US, boasting 26M households and 37M devices. VideoAmp has partnered with two of the largest Smart TV OEMs and 38 MVPDs for its viewership data.
News categories: VideoAmp, Randy Laughlin, Michael Parkes, Jonathan Steuer, Maggie Zhang, Andrea Palmer, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
Jun 13, 2019 – Fox Corporation has joined the Project OAR addressable TV advertising consortium. In addition, Project OAR has formed an Agency Advisory Committee with participation from Publicis Media, Omnicom Media Group, GroupM, IPG/Magna, Dentsu Aegis Network, Havas and Horizon Media.
News categories: Project OAR, Fox Corp, Dan Callahan, Jonathan Steuer, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
clypd collaborates with ATSG to define standards for TV audience targeting
Sep 13, 2018 – The Advanced Target Standards Group, a consortium of leading network TV programmers, along with CIMM’s Advanced TV Committee, have announced that the Calculation Principles for Advanced Targets, published last year, will be implemented in Nielsen’s Advance Audience Posting API.
News categories: clypd, Nielsen, Advanced Target Standards Group, Pete Doe, Kelly Abcarian, Keith Kazerman, David Ernst, Tom Ziangas, Jonathan Steuer, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
VideoAmp releases TV & Video Advertising Survey findings
Jan 4, 2018 – VideoAmp has released findings from its First Annual TV & Video Advertising Survey. The study found that 60% of marketers believe campaigns executed through a Cross-Screen Platform (CSP) for all TV and digital video outperform conventional campaigns.
News categories: VideoAmp, Jay Prasad, Jonathan Steuer, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand