Digital TV News: Jonathan Steuer
TVision data enables person-level ad measurement
Nov 16, 2020 – TVision has announced Advanced Audience Projections. TV measurement and advertising platform players, including Oracle Data Cloud, Xandr, VideoAmp and iSpot are already using the data to go beyond household data to person-level measurement.
News categories: TVision, Yan Liu, Kevin Whitcher, Jason Burke, Jonathan Steuer, Robert Bareuther, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
Mar 31, 2020 – VideoAmp has launched the most comprehensive and accurate commingled dataset in the US, boasting 26M households and 37M devices. VideoAmp has partnered with two of the largest Smart TV OEMs and 38 MVPDs for its viewership data.
News categories: VideoAmp, Randy Laughlin, Michael Parkes, Jonathan Steuer, Maggie Zhang, Andrea Palmer, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
Jun 13, 2019 – Fox Corporation has joined the Project OAR addressable TV advertising consortium. In addition, Project OAR has formed an Agency Advisory Committee with participation from Publicis Media, Omnicom Media Group, GroupM, IPG/Magna, Dentsu Aegis Network, Havas and Horizon Media.
News categories: Project OAR, Fox Corp, Dan Callahan, Jonathan Steuer, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
clypd collaborates with ATSG to define standards for TV audience targeting
Sep 13, 2018 – The Advanced Target Standards Group, a consortium of leading network TV programmers, along with CIMM’s Advanced TV Committee, have announced that the Calculation Principles for Advanced Targets, published last year, will be implemented in Nielsen’s Advance Audience Posting API.
News categories: clypd, Nielsen, Advanced Target Standards Group, Pete Doe, Kelly Abcarian, Keith Kazerman, David Ernst, Tom Ziangas, Jonathan Steuer, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
VideoAmp releases TV & Video Advertising Survey findings
Jan 4, 2018 – VideoAmp has released findings from its First Annual TV & Video Advertising Survey. The study found that 60% of marketers believe campaigns executed through a Cross-Screen Platform (CSP) for all TV and digital video outperform conventional campaigns.
News categories: VideoAmp, Jay Prasad, Jonathan Steuer, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product