Digital TV News: OpenAP
Comcast’s Effectv taps Comscore for local TV measurement
Apr 12, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) and Effectv have announced that Effectv will use Comscore’s audience impression-based measurement product with local advertising clients to deliver an industry measurement solution for marketers.
News categories: Comscore, Effectv, Bill Livek, James Rooke, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
datafuelX launches predictive analytics for media selling and buying
Mar 3, 2022 – datafuelX has launched. The company’s first two predictive analytics solutions help media, agencies and brands extract greater value from their media spend and converge linear reach and digital targeting through the power of advanced analytics.
News categories: datafuelX, Jay Amato, Howard Shimmel, Spencer Lambert, Michael Strober, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Discovery makes investment in OpenAP
Jan 10, 2022 – OpenAP and Discovery, Inc. (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have announced that Discovery will become a minority owner of OpenAP, the advanced advertising company bringing scale to audience-based campaigns in television.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., OpenAP, Jim Keller, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
OpenAP launches TV cross-platform measurement framework powered by OpenID
Dec 9, 2021 – OpenAP has announced the launch of XPm, a cross-platform measurement framework. XPm is the collective TV publisher response to the ANA's call to evolve to a cross-screen media measurement framework for marketers.
News categories: OpenAP, VAB, GroupM, ANA, David Levy, Sean Cunningham, Matt Sweeney, Bill Tucker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
Jun 24, 2021 – OpenAP and Xandr have announced an alliance that will enable OpenAP's OpenID audiences inside Invest TV, Xandr's ad buyer self-service platform for linear television in the U.S.
News categories: OpenAP, Xandr, David Levy, Mike Welch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
OpenAP launches Supply-Side Platform for linear TV inventory
Jan 11, 2021 – OpenAP has launched a supply-side platform (SSP) that gives advertisers access to available linear inventory from TV publishers. The launch enables buying of advanced TV across premium viewing environments.
News categories: OpenAP, Omnicom, David Levy, Matthew Kramer, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
Jul 28, 2020 – OpenAP has announced a partnership with iSpot to enable activation of attribution and OTT measurement for ad campaigns in the OpenAP Market. OpenAP members include AMC Networks, FOX, NBCUniversal, ViacomCBS, Univision and The Weather Channel.
News categories: OpenAP, iSpot, Ed Davis, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
Oct 8, 2019 – OpenAP, the advanced advertising company owned by Fox Corporation, NBCUniversal and Viacom, has launched OpenAP Market, a marketplace that offers video advertising inventory and audience-based buying across the largest collection of digital and linear TV programming.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Meredith Brace, Krishan Bhatia, John Halley, AJ Kintner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Videa announces spot television industry’s first open data exchange APIs
Sep 24, 2019 – Videa has made available free, transparent, TIP-based API specifications helping to pave the way for programmatic transactions and software integrations. The APIs include specifications for inventory, RFPs, proposals, orders, makegoods and pre and post logs.
News categories: Videa, Shereta Williams, Rob Weisbord, Dave Villano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th