Digital TV News: Prashant Butani
Satellite capacity to play catch up with supply
Jul 21, 2014 – NSR has predicted that satellite supply of over 3,000 new transponders and 2+ Tbps of HTS capacity fueled by risk-taking from key operators will far outstrip demand growth over the next decade.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Prashant Butani, Blaine Curcio, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
DTH Satellite Markets Expand in Last 12 Months, but Future Remains Mixed
Sep 28, 2010 – According to an NSR report, the DTH market is showing signs of maturity as developed economies reach saturation after analog switchovers, even as developing economies continue to increase subscriber numbers.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, DVR, Market Research, Satellite
Growth for DTH as Viewers Choose to Stay Home and Watch Television
Oct 6, 2009 – According to a new report from NSR, satellite television has proven its resilience in tough economic climates, driven primarily by a larger section of viewers choosing television as a cost effective means of entertainment.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Growth Period Ahead for Indian Satellite Market
Oct 22, 2008 – NSR has released its latest market research and forecast report: Indian Satellite Markets. The market attracting the most interest from regional satellite operators has been Direct-to-Home in the Ku-band.
News categories: NSR, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform