Digital TV News: Prashant Butani
Satellite capacity to play catch up with supply
Jul 21, 2014 – NSR has predicted that satellite supply of over 3,000 new transponders and 2+ Tbps of HTS capacity fueled by risk-taking from key operators will far outstrip demand growth over the next decade.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Prashant Butani, Blaine Curcio, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
DTH Satellite Markets Expand in Last 12 Months, but Future Remains Mixed
Sep 28, 2010 – According to an NSR report, the DTH market is showing signs of maturity as developed economies reach saturation after analog switchovers, even as developing economies continue to increase subscriber numbers.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, DVR, Market Research, Satellite
Growth for DTH as Viewers Choose to Stay Home and Watch Television
Oct 6, 2009 – According to a new report from NSR, satellite television has proven its resilience in tough economic climates, driven primarily by a larger section of viewers choosing television as a cost effective means of entertainment.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Growth Period Ahead for Indian Satellite Market
Oct 22, 2008 – NSR has released its latest market research and forecast report: Indian Satellite Markets. The market attracting the most interest from regional satellite operators has been Direct-to-Home in the Ku-band.
News categories: NSR, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite
- ZTE launches 4K Zapper STB at MWC24
- Vibe.co raises $22.5m to build streaming TV ad platform for SMBs
- Synamedia powers content distribution at Monumental Sports
- 1Q24 LCD TV panel shipments estimated at 55.8 million units
- Xperi signs up Skyworth to integrate TiVo OS
- DoubleVerify unmasks CTV ad fraud scheme, CycloneBot
- Pixalate releases Q4 2023 CTV SSP market share reports
- North American OTT revenues to hit $100 billion in 2029
- PTCL Group announces Shoq TV box powered by Android TV
- Hubbl to go on sale from March 10th
- DTH subscribers down 1.32 million in India in 3Q 2023
- TCL ranked as Top 2 global TV brand for second consecutive year
- Wiztivi develops connected TV app for Equidia
- LG and Meta join forces on XR device development
- Swisscom negotiating to acquire Vodafone Italia
- Latin America pay TV stable at 53-54 million subscribers
- Updates to DVB-I spec and implementation guidelines published
- DAZN and GeoComply to pilot Content Access Control system
- Viacom18 to be merged into Star India
- Brightcove adds Google Ad Manager support