Digital TV News: Project OAR
VIZIO announces first certified OAR technology partners
Jul 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that LTN, Beachfront, FreeWheel, INVIDI, Google, Adcuratio and Extreme Reach are compliant with Open Addressable Ready (OAR) specifications and are certified to enable OAR campaigns.
News categories: VIZIO, Zeev Neumeier, Malik Khan, Ben Abbatiello, Stefan Maris, Bruce Anderson, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
Jun 9, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) now has more than 11.2 million addressable TVs in the U.S. capable of frame-accurate dynamic ad insertion, representing a significant milestone for the addressable advertising consortium, Project OAR.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Gaynor, Kristine Bayles, Darren Sherriff, JP Colaco, Steve Silvestri, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
May 5, 2021 – Beachfront has completed an addressable TV ad execution with VIZIO adhering to the technical specifications of Open Addressable Ready (OAR). The execution used Beachfront’s Unified Decisioning product.
News categories: Beachfront, VIZIO, Frank Sinton, Adam Gaynor, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
Feb 19, 2021 – VIZIO Ads has unveiled Universal Frequency Control, a capability that enables brands to set limits on how often a VIZIO TV within a household is exposed to specific ad creative when placing an ad through its platform.
News categories: VIZIO Ads, Travis Hockersmith, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
Nov 17, 2020 – VIZIO Ads has announced that it will use Nielsen's Digital Ad Ratings to help advertisers better measure and optimize digital audience metrics across VIZIO SmartCast inventory on VIZIO connected TVs (CTV).
News categories: VIZIO Ads, Nielsen, Mike O'Donnell, Scott Brown, Adam Gerber, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen integrates data from DIRECTV and DISH STBs, VIZIO Smart TVs
Nov 10, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it is adding addressable measurement to its National TV currency. Through strategic data integrations, Nielsen will add ~55 million devices across smart TVs and set top boxes to help scale addressable TV.
News categories: Nielsen, Scott Brown, Rick Welday, Kemal Bokhari, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
Sep 22, 2020 – SpotX has announced programmatic solutions for linear addressable TV. The solutions are in part built in support Project OAR. SpotX is also powering programmatic executions within traditional STBs owned by MVPDs.
News categories: SpotX, The Trade Desk, AMC Networks, Project OAR, Matt McLeggon, Jon Tabak, Evan Adlman, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Project OAR expands with Scripps and ViacomCBS
May 11, 2020 – The E.W. Scripps Company and an expanded group from ViacomCBS have joined Project OAR, the consortium working to recommend protocols for TV programmers and platforms to manage, sell and deliver advertising on smart TVs.
News categories: Project OAR, Scripps, ViacomCBS, Kerry Oslund, Mike Dean, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner