Digital TV News: Richard Halton
YouView reaches three million milestone
Feb 14, 2018 – YouView is powering more than three million set-top boxes and digital devices across the UK. The threshold was broken just seven months after the successful roll-out of YouView’s software upgrade across its entire set top box device base.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
YouView reveals next generation user experience
Nov 23, 2016 – YouView has announced the re-engineering and redesigning of its entire platform to respond quickly to the fast-changing needs and tastes of TV viewers, advertisers and partners. The transformation is enabled by YouView’s move to the cloud.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, Nick Thexton, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
YouView to launch on Sony BRAVIA TVs in the UK
Oct 23, 2015 – Sony and YouView have announced that on Wednesday 4th November the YouView service will be available on Sony BRAVIA 2015 Televisions. Sony is the first TV maker to integrate and offer YouView to UK consumers.
News categories: Sony, YouView, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Netflix comes to YouView set-top boxes in the UK
Nov 4, 2014 – UK hybrid internet TV/DTT service, YouView, has announced that Netflix is now available to its customers. Netflix is currently available via BT and Humax set-top boxes, with others to be added early in the new year.
News categories: YouView, Netflix, Richard Halton, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
UK's YouView plans expansion
Jul 22, 2014 – YouView has announced the completion of an agreement which guarantees five years of funding by all of its seven shareholders. YouView has passed over 1 million connected UK homes in less than 18 months since its marketing launch.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
UK's YouView heads towards 400,000 homes
May 30, 2013 – YouView has announced that it is on its way to reaching 400,000 homes across the UK, 8 months after launch. The subscription-free service also released on demand viewing statistics showing over 2.2 million video on demand (VOD) plays per week.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
JT launches YouView in the Channel Islands
Nov 23, 2012 – YouView, the subscription-free TV service which combines catch-up and on demand TV, has been launched exclusively in the Channel Islands by JT.
News categories: Jersey Telecom, Channel Islands, Set Top Box, Streaming
YouView set-top boxes now available in the UK
Jul 25, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, will be available in stores across the country from July 26, 2012.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
YouView unveiled and retail debut confirmed
Jul 4, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, has launched and will be available in major retailers by the end of July.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange