Digital TV News: Samir Mehta
Technicolor and NAGRA integrate Qeo communication framework with OpenTV 5
Sep 13, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) have announced a partnership which will leverage Technicolor's Qeo communication framework to develop innovative applications for OpenTV 5 that enable interoperability with other devices.
News categories: Technicolor, NAGRA, Samir Mehta, Michel Rahier, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2021, Middleware, Smart Home
NAGRA announces reference platform for gateways and client devices
Sep 8, 2012 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the availability of its HomeCruise reference platform, an 'off-the-shelf' solution for gateways and other media streaming devices that allows faster-time-to-market for new pay-TV services.
News categories: NAGRA, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2021, Middleware, Smart Home
Broadcom® Announces NAGRA OpenTV 5 Support on Set-Top Box and Gateway Platforms
Sep 7, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the release of validated drivers for OpenTV 5, the latest, most open and most powerful set-top box middleware from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S).
News categories: Broadcom, NAGRA, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2021, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ST sets fast route to market for NAGRA's OpenTV 5 STB middleware
Dec 6, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has released the industry's first validated drivers for OpenTV 5, the latest and most advanced set-top box middleware from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, OpenTV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia