Digital TV News: Sarah Lee
U.S. consumers cutting streaming services to save money
Aug 23, 2023 – Parks Associates has released analysis of the video services landscape showing that the average annualized subscriber churn rate for U.S. streaming video services stands at 47%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Sarah Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Cumulative US piracy loss for streaming services to exceed $113bn by 2027
Apr 18, 2023 – Parks Associates has announced that by the end of 2027, there will be a cumulative loss to piracy of $113 billion for streaming video providers serving US consumers.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Hawley, Sarah Lee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
Nov 18, 2022 – Parks Associates research finds that 83% of US internet households now subscribe to at least one OTT service, while 45% still subscribe to the traditional linear pay-TV service model.
News categories: Parks Associates, FPT Software, Sarah Lee, Ira Dworkin, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service