Digital TV News: Simon Hunt
Freeview Play and LG agree new five-year partnership
Mar 18, 2022 – Freeview Play and LG have strengthened their partnership with a five-year agreement, meaning that all new LG TVs will come with Freeview Play built in as standard. Freeview and LG will also work together on future product updates.
News categories: Freeview Play, LG Electronics, Simon Hunt, Peter Booth, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
Freeview and Vestel sign new 5-year partnership
Nov 10, 2020 – Freeview UK has renewed its contract with Vestel for a further five years. The deal means that the Freeview Play service will be not just present, but have prominence on all new Vestel manufactured TV sets.
News categories: Freeview, Vestel, Simon Hunt, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, HbbTV, Licensing, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
Oct 29, 2020 – Freeview has announced the first roll out of its Accessible TV Guide, now available on supported Freeview Play devices in the UK. The Guide will make it simpler for viewers with accessibility needs to discover and find content more easily.
News categories: Freeview, Simon Hunt, Gary Thomas, John Paton, Kristina Barrick, Vikki Cook, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio