Digital TV News: Tony Goncalves
HBO Max ad-supported tier to launch first week of June
May 19, 2021 – HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier the first week of June, providing consumers with a choice between its existing ad-free version at $14.99 per month, or an ad-supported experience for $9.99 per month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max launches on Roku devices
Dec 16, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and WarnerMedia have announced that from December 17, Roku users will be able to download HBO Max from the Roku channel store and subscribe directly on their Roku device.
News categories: Roku, WarnerMedia, Scott Rosenberg, Tony Goncalves, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
HBO Max available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
Nov 16, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming offering.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Amazon, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, Marc Whitten, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Tablet, USA
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
Jul 9, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled HBO Max as the name of its new streaming service. The service will include an extensive collection of exclusive original programming as well as content from WarnerMedia’s portfolio of brands and libraries.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DIRECTV Everywhere expands to more than 30 out-of-home streaming TV channels
Nov 19, 2013 – DIRECTV has announced that its DIRECTV Everywhere service is expanding to offer more than 30 live TV out-of-home (OOH) streaming channels. In addition, the company will deliver a lineup of 100 live TV in-home streaming channels.
News categories: DIRECTV, Tony Goncalves, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
TiVo® HD DVR Available Nationwide From DIRECTV
Feb 9, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the nationwide availability of the TiVo® HD DVR from DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) which integrates TiVo functionality with the DIRECTV service. The roll-out follows an initial ten-market deployment this past December.
News categories: TiVo Inc, DIRECTV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond