Digital TV News: Tony Goncalves
HBO Max ad-supported tier to launch first week of June
May 19, 2021 – HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier the first week of June, providing consumers with a choice between its existing ad-free version at $14.99 per month, or an ad-supported experience for $9.99 per month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max launches on Roku devices
Dec 16, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and WarnerMedia have announced that from December 17, Roku users will be able to download HBO Max from the Roku channel store and subscribe directly on their Roku device.
News categories: Roku, WarnerMedia, Scott Rosenberg, Tony Goncalves, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
HBO Max available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
Nov 16, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming offering.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Amazon, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, Marc Whitten, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Tablet, USA
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
Jul 9, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled HBO Max as the name of its new streaming service. The service will include an extensive collection of exclusive original programming as well as content from WarnerMedia’s portfolio of brands and libraries.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DIRECTV Everywhere expands to more than 30 out-of-home streaming TV channels
Nov 19, 2013 – DIRECTV has announced that its DIRECTV Everywhere service is expanding to offer more than 30 live TV out-of-home (OOH) streaming channels. In addition, the company will deliver a lineup of 100 live TV in-home streaming channels.
News categories: DIRECTV, Tony Goncalves, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
TiVo® HD DVR Available Nationwide From DIRECTV
Feb 9, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the nationwide availability of the TiVo® HD DVR from DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) which integrates TiVo functionality with the DIRECTV service. The roll-out follows an initial ten-market deployment this past December.
News categories: TiVo Inc, DIRECTV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden