Digital TV News: Tony Goncalves
HBO Max ad-supported tier to launch first week of June
May 19, 2021 – HBO Max will debut its ad-supported subscription tier the first week of June, providing consumers with a choice between its existing ad-free version at $14.99 per month, or an ad-supported experience for $9.99 per month.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, JP Colaco, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max launches on Roku devices
Dec 16, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and WarnerMedia have announced that from December 17, Roku users will be able to download HBO Max from the Roku channel store and subscribe directly on their Roku device.
News categories: Roku, WarnerMedia, Scott Rosenberg, Tony Goncalves, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
HBO Max available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
Nov 16, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming offering.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Amazon, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, Marc Whitten, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Tablet, USA
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
Jul 9, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled HBO Max as the name of its new streaming service. The service will include an extensive collection of exclusive original programming as well as content from WarnerMedia’s portfolio of brands and libraries.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DIRECTV Everywhere expands to more than 30 out-of-home streaming TV channels
Nov 19, 2013 – DIRECTV has announced that its DIRECTV Everywhere service is expanding to offer more than 30 live TV out-of-home (OOH) streaming channels. In addition, the company will deliver a lineup of 100 live TV in-home streaming channels.
News categories: DIRECTV, Tony Goncalves, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
TiVo® HD DVR Available Nationwide From DIRECTV
Feb 9, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the nationwide availability of the TiVo® HD DVR from DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) which integrates TiVo functionality with the DIRECTV service. The roll-out follows an initial ten-market deployment this past December.
News categories: TiVo Inc, DIRECTV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030