Digital TV News: Wei Shi
Strategy Analytics recommends more aggressive adoption of LTE Broadcast
Jan 9, 2017 – Strategy Analytics has recommended that mobile operators, especially those with multi-screen assets and ambitions to provide superior mobile video and data experiences to customers, adopt eMBMS, or LTE Broadcast, more aggressively.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Wei Shi, Nitesh Patel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Worldwide
STB shipments expected to have grown in 2016
Dec 8, 2016 – According to SNL Kagan, worldwide STB shipments are on track to reach 273 million in 2016, up slightly from 269 million in 2015. Although unit volumes are expected to increase, STB revenues are again trending lower.
News categories: S&P Global, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mobile Video Revenue to Reach $25 Billion by 2021
Jul 6, 2016 – Worldwide revenue from mobile video will reach $25 Billion by 2021, according to Strategy Analytics. Growth in mobile video revenue will be driven by advertisers seeking to reach an increasing audience of users that are consuming video on their smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Wei Shi, Nitesh Patel, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Huawei ships one million TalkTalk YouView set top boxes
Jun 25, 2014 – Huawei has announced the sale of one million YouView set-top boxes via their exclusive partnership with TalkTalk in the UK. Huawei were appointed as TalkTalk's exclusive hardware supplier at the launch of YouView in 2012.
News categories: Huawei, TalkTalk, YouView, Mark Mitchinson, Tristia Harrison, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, UK
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020