Azerbaijan Digital TV News
B&B TV begins DTT broadcasting in Azerbaijan
Apr 9, 2011 – Azerbaijan's leading cable TV operator B&B TV Communication has begun digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting in the country's Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic.
News categories: B&B TV, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan plans analogue TV switch off
Feb 15, 2011 – Azerbaijan's government has approved plans for the conversion of its free-to-air television infrastructure from analogue to digital. The introduction of DVB-T broadcasting is to take place in two stages.
News categories: Ministry of Communications & Information Technologies, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
KATV1 broadcasts 3D test channel in Azerbaijan
Aug 11, 2010 – Azerbaijan cable-TV operator KATV1 has launched a 3D test channel on its network. Viewers will require special 3-D glasses, which are already available in an assortment of Baku stores.
News categories: KATV1, Azerbaijan, Cable TV, VR
Azerbaijan's ULTEL launches IPTV with Amino
Aug 1, 2010 – Ulduz Telekom (ULTEL) of Azerbaijan has launched an IPTV service to its internet customers. The service consists of 71 channels, with set-top boxes being provided by Amino Communications (AIM: AMO.L).
News categories: ULTEL, Amino, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Azerbaijan plans DVB-T set-top box production
Nov 18, 2009 – The KUR computer equipment factory in Azerbaijan is preparing for production of DVB-T set-top boxes according to its Director General, Rizvan Osmanov. Production is expected to start in 2010.
News categories: KÃœR, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
DTT for Azerbaijan
May 5, 2008 – Azerbaijan's National TV and Radio Council reports that digital-terrestrial broadcasting will be launched in the second half of this year. The process is to start in Baku and Ganca in line with DVB-T standards.
News categories: National Television and Radio Council, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos