Digital TV News: Anthony Wood
Roku Announces Content Partnership with Hulu
Sep 28, 2010 – Roku and Hulu have announced a partnership to offer the Hulu Plus™ service on all Roku players. The Hulu Plus channel will be available via subscription to all Roku customers later this fall.
News categories: Hulu, Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku Now Offers Access to Amazon Video On Demand
Mar 3, 2009 – Roku has announced that customers can now watch movies and TV shows from Amazon Video On Demand. With Amazon Video On Demand, Roku customers can for the first time access Amazon's extensive selection of more than 40,000 movie and TV titles.
News categories: Roku, Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon Video on Demand Brings Customers New-Release Movies and TV Shows to the Roku Digital Video Player
Jan 5, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced that it will offer customers the ability to instantly purchase, rent and watch digital movies and TV episodes from its popular video service, Amazon Video On Demand, via the Roku Digital Video Player.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku Announces the Netflix Player by Roku
May 20, 2008 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) and Roku have announced the introduction of The Netflix Player by Roku™, a device that enables Netflix subscribers to instantly stream a growing library of movies and TV episodes from Netflix directly to the TV.
News categories: Netflix, Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA