Digital TV News: Kenny Huang
Intertrust and EVIO announce ExpressPlay CA-based content protection system
Sep 15, 2017 – Intertrust and EVIO Polska have announced the world’s first open standard-based digital TV distribution system built on Intertrust’s ExpressPlay CA. The system, eDRM, is available from EVIO to TV operators, ISPs and content distributors who wish for a secure end-to-end distribution system.
News categories: Intertrust, EVIO Polska, Kenny Huang, Przemysław Gnitecki, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM now Dolby Vision compatible
Sep 9, 2016 – Intertrust has announced that the Intertrust ExpressPlay cloud-based digital rights management (DRM) system is now compatible with Dolby Vision, the HDR imaging format for Ultra HD content.
News categories: Intertrust, Dolby, Kenny Huang, Curt Behlmer, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar integrates Intertrust UHD security for TVs and STBs
Jul 15, 2015 – Intertrust has announced that MStar Semiconductor has integrated Intertrust's ExpressPlay UHD in MStar’s SoCs for 4K TVs, set-top boxes and OTT/IP boxes. ExpressPlay UHD is the most widely deployed DRM in China and the choice of initiatives in Japan and Europe.
News categories: Intertrust, MStar Semi, Kenny Huang, Wayne Tsai, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Amlogic and Intertrust deliver upgradeable security for 4K/UHD
Jun 3, 2015 – Amlogic and Intertrust have announced the availability of Intertrust's ExpressPlay UHD DRM on Amlogic's SoCs. The combination provides a secure 4K ready solution for Smart TVs, OTT/IP STBs, and other multimedia consumer devices such as tablets.
News categories: Intertrust, Amlogic, Kenny Huang, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Tencent Licenses Intertrust's Marlin DRM Solutions to Protect its Online Video Service
Jan 10, 2013 – Intertrust Technologies has announced that Tencent has licensed its trusted suite of Marlin DRM solutions to protect video streams and downloads on Tencent's online video platform in China.
News categories: Intertrust, Tencent, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform