Digital TV News: Michael Inouye
ABI Research lowers 2023 VR forecast
Dec 5, 2018 – The Virtual Reality (VR) market is at a crossroad, finds ABI Research. The company has lowered its installed base forecast to clear just over 140 million by 2023, contingent on mobile VR turning things around and again becoming a viable segment of the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Quarter of a billion VR users worldwide by 2022
Aug 9, 2017 – According to ABI Research, virtual reality (VR) technology looks set to gain widespread adoption over the next five years, reaching an installed base of 256 million users worldwide and generating revenues of over US$60 billion in 2022.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Streaming Media Adapter market faces mounting pressure
May 4, 2016 – In its latest analysis on the streaming media adapter market, ABI Research examines the impact of the new wave of pricing brought on by Google’s Chromecast devices and the mounting product differentiation pressures on the industry.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
9 million broadband subscribers with DOCSIS 3.1 by 2017
Jan 28, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that there will be approximately 9 million broadband subscribers using DOCSIS 3.1 equipment by 2017, representing slightly more than 1% of total fixed broadband subscriptions worldwide.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
70% of Ultra HD TVs to feature HDR or other enhancements by 2020
May 15, 2015 – ABI Research expects that by 2020 nearly 70% of UHD TVs will support new technologies and enhancements like HDR, wider color gamut, high frame rates, and immersive audio. This could prove too conservative if a lower tier of UHD TVs does not persist as currently anticipated.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV and movies, not short-form video, to drive online video market
Jan 16, 2015 – According to ABI Research, the online video market is expected to reach over US$56 billion by 2019, with a 6 year CAGR of 23.1%. Short-form video is expected to make up US$13 billion of the total.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Mobiles with 4K screens to reach 478m units by 2019
Aug 15, 2014 – 2015 will see the launch of 4K/Ultra HD mobile devices. Considering the relatively close proximity of the screen to the user it is possible for some consumers to see and benefit from these higher resolutions.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Worldwide
Home security and home automation opportunity for pay TV operators
Jun 3, 2014 – Home security and home automation represent opportunity for pay TV operators. Nearly 30% of North American households are expected to have a managed smart home automation system installed by 2019, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Michael Inouye, Gateway, Market Research, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Global VOD/EST and DVD/Blu-ray sales to pass $43Bn in 2019
May 1, 2014 – Worldwide VOD rentals (OTT and pay TV operator), electronic sell-through (EST), and DVD/Blu-ray disc sales are expected to grow 40% from 2013 to 2019 – growing from USD 30.6B in 2013 to over 43B in 2019.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Blu-ray, Cable TV, DVD, IPTV, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
- Beeline chooses Broadpeak CDNs for TV Everywhere service
- AT&T launches standards-based mobile 5G network and hotspot device
- Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
- Discovery partners with SpotX for TVE advertising over the holidays
- Brightcove releases research on consumer video streaming preferences
- ATEME enable ATSC 3.0 field research at NAB/CTA test site in Cleveland
- Comscore extends relationship with Scripps to full TV station group deal
- Innovation drives Korea to become a Top 10 video market
- beIN MEDIA announces satellite migration to Eutelsat
- Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
- Euskaltel offers telecom services in Catalonia through the RACC
- Sling TV first vMVPD on Oculus Go VR headset
- Alphonso launches local TV ad analytics and attribution
- Synamedia solution helps combat rapid rise in OTT account sharing
- 3SS launches 3READY Assistant to augment its Android TV launcher
- EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
- Appetite for streaming in the Nordics continues to grow
- Demand for Netflix Originals set to overtake licensed titles in the U.S.
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released