Digital TV News: Movies Anywhere
Movies Anywhere now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Jun 23, 2020 – VIZIO has added the MOVIES ANYWHERE app to its SmartCast TV platform. MOVIES ANYWHERE offers a way for users to access movies purchased across platforms and digital retailer accounts, all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Movies Anywhere, Mike O'Donnel, Karin Gilford, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
Mar 21, 2019 – Comcast has announced the launch of Xfinity Flex. Available to Xfinity Internet customers, the service consists of a 4K HDR streaming TV device with voice remote, packaged with Comcast’s home WiFi, mobile, security, and automation services.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Connected TV and streaming player adoption spurring digital video purchases and rentals
Oct 30, 2018 – According to The NPD Group, as of August 2018, 61 million households in the U.S. had at least one internet-connected TV, video game console, Blu-ray Disc player or streaming media player. As a result more consumers are choosing to rent and purchase digital movies.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Ricardo Solar, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Charter to offer Apple TV 4K to Spectrum cable customers
Jun 4, 2018 – Apple has announced that Charter Communications will begin offering Apple TV 4K to its customers. Customers will have access to live channels and on-demand programs via a Spectrum TV app on their Apple TV 4K, iPhone and iPad.
News categories: Apple, Charter Communications, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
US SVoD culture continues to strengthen
Feb 20, 2018 – The overall US video and Pay-TV market continues its healthy overall growth and is set to reach $140 billion by the end of 2018, according to Futuresource Consulting. This is despite the continuously evolving and challenging landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Disney Movies Anywhere adds Fios by Verizon to its digital footprint
Aug 23, 2016 – Disney Movies Anywhere has announced that Fios by Verizon customers in the U.S. can connect their digital movie collections across the Disney Movies Anywhere ecosystem and watch them from the living room or a wide array of mobile devices.
News categories: Disney, Verizon, Dan Cohen, Tricia Lynch, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, USA
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, OTT
Malaysia's Astro launches 'Astro On-The-Go' for iPad
May 30, 2012 – Astro On-The-Go is initially available to Astro customers as a free preview on the iPad. The commercial roll out starts on 1 September 2012. During this phase, Astro On-The-Go will be extended to Android devices.
News categories: Astro, Malaysia, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert