Digital TV News: NCTC
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, USA
NCTC agrees terms with KAONMEDIA for Android STBs
Apr 22, 2020 – The NCTC, representing more than 750 U.S. broadband and cable operators, has completed an agreement with Kaon Media under which NCTC member operators will receive preferred pricing on Kaon's KSTB2020 Android STB and voice-enabled remote control.
News categories: NCTC, KAONMEDIA, Steve Beardslee, Eric Hybertson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
Feb 19, 2020 – Imagine Communications has made an agreement with the NCTC to power AdKey, a cloud-based, platform-agnostic service that supports ad insertion on IP-based video streams. Initial deployments are expected by Q3 with trials beginning in the coming months.
News categories: Imagine Communications, NCTC, Chris Gordon, Rich Fickle, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
Feb 17, 2020 – The NCTC has announced an initiative that allows NCTC member companies to purchase Amazon Fire TV streaming devices at a discount, enabling members to provide subscribers with streaming media devices including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
News categories: NCTC, Amazon, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
i3 Broadband selects Minerva YourTV Now for advanced TV services
Feb 27, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that the Minerva YourTV Now cloud service will power i3 Broadband’s advanced television services. Minerva YourTV Now is a turnkey cloud service for the delivery of video entertainment.
News categories: Minerva Networks, i3 Broadband, Randy Osborne, Dan Kennedy, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Blonder Tongue distributing Kaon Android TV STBs optimized for MOBITV
Feb 25, 2019 – Blonder Tongue (NYSE: BDR) has announced the availability of the Kaon line of Android TV Set-Top Box products specifically designed and optimized for MOBITV platform deployments across North America. The first set-top model available is Kaon's KSTB2020.
News categories: Blonder Tongue, Kaon, MOBITV, Ted Grauch, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019