Digital TV News: Next Generation Broadcasting AB
Digital TV Labs' Receiver Quality Assurance for NGB's African DTT Rollouts
Jul 4, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it has been contracted by Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB), who operate under the Smart TV brand, to supply a DVB-T/T2 receiver conformance regime to assist the rollout of DTT services in select African markets.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Africa, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SMART TV DTT launches in Ghana
May 12, 2010 – Ghana has become the first African country to have SMART TV, a new digital terrestrial television service. The service was launched by Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) in collaboration with Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) with commercial roll-out expected in the coming weeks.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, SMART TV, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
NGB Collaborates With Local Ghanaian Channels On DTT Platform
Mar 31, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) Ghana Ltd is planning to launch a Digital Terrestrial Pay TV service in Ghana branded SMART TV. SMART TV will provide customer with both free to air and pay TV channels.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Digital TV, Ghana, Regulation, Terrestrial
NGB to partner with KBC to provide Digital Pay TV services in Kenya
Feb 15, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) has confirmed plans to enter the Kenyan market. NGB Kenya will launch its bouquet of Pay TV services under the brand name SMART TV using the latest digital TV service based on the MPEG 4 technology.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Digital TV broadcasting starts in Uganda
Nov 18, 2009 – Uganda has launched a digital terrestrial television (DTT) pilot project in Kampala involving 200 households. Up to seven channels are available to the viewers taking part in the trial.
News categories: Uganda Broadcasting Corp, Next Generation Broadcasting, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Uganda
Ghana Launches Digital Terrestrial Television Pilot
Nov 3, 2008 – The Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) in partnership with Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) has launched a digital television pilot project in Accra.
News categories: Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, Next Generation Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5