Digital TV News: Peter Alexander
Harmonic and AsiaSat launch UHD channel
Jan 20, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and AsiaSat (HKSE: 1135) have announced a partnership to launch a new Ultra HD (UHD) channel '4K-SAT2/HVN', AsiaSat's second free-to-air UHD channel on AsiaSat 4 at 122 degrees East for Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Harmonic, AsiaSat, Peter Alexander, Sabrina Cubbon, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
NASA TV UHD satellite channel launches with Harmonic
Nov 10, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that NASA TV UHD, the first consumer Ultra HD (UHD) channel in North America, is now available. Using a delivery system from Harmonic, NASA's ambient video channel provides linear 2160p60 video content.
News categories: Harmonic, Peter Alexander, Digital TV, North America, Satellite
Harmonic and Intelsat to launch UHD demo channel for North America
Sep 8, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Intelsat (NYSE: I) have announced a partnership to launch HVN Intelsat UHD, a linear UHD demonstration channel for North American TV markets. This channel will be broadcast via Intelsat's Galaxy 13 satellite located at 127°W.
News categories: Harmonic, Intelsat, Peter Alexander, Peter Ostapiuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, North America, Satellite
Harmonic to Showcase Comprehensive Solutions for Broadcast and Multiscreen Services at IBC2012
Aug 14, 2012 – At IBC2012, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase a comprehensive range of solutions for broadcast and multiscreen production and delivery. Highlighted at the show will be solutions designed to streamline multiscreen content delivery.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBC2019, TV Everywhere
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs