Digital TV News: Videa
Videa launches forecasted ratings tool
Jul 24, 2019 – Videa has launched a forecasted ratings tool that brings faster, more efficient and statistically accurate forecasts to its end-to-end solution. The technology picks up viewership patterns and infer future ratings from the patterns.
News categories: Videa, Shereta Williams, Mary Barnas, Alan Wolk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
Apr 24, 2019 – Red Bee Media has entered into an agreement with Videa. Videa's platform includes machine learning based TV ad forecasting algorithms. To optimize its algorithmic data services offering, Videa will include textual metadata from Red Bee Media.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Videa, Chris Stark SR, Brett Adamczyk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Videa research connects adaptability to staying relevant in TV
Apr 2, 2019 – Videa has released the results of a survey yielding insightful perspectives from more than two hundred marketing and advertising professionals with six or more years of experience in the TV advertising and buying industry.
News categories: Videa, Mary Barnas, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Videa platform integrates Comscore TV Data
Jan 23, 2019 – Videa has announced that it will use Comscore TV data within its automation platform. The addition of Comscore TV data grants media buyers and sellers access to Comscore campaign measurement insights within the Videa platform.
News categories: Videa, Comscore, Mary Barnas, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
Jan 17, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Cox Media Group have announced a renewal agreement for television and audio measurement services. The agreement covers all Cox Media Group's local television and radio stations as well as CoxReps and Videa.
News categories: Nielsen, Cox Media Group, Megan Clarken, Kim Guthrie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Google joins the Streaming Video Alliance
May 10, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance, an industry forum solving challenges to improve the video experience, has announced at its Annual Meeting that Google has joined as its newest member.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Viacom, Google, Jason Thibeault, Glenn Goldstein, Alec Hendry, Content Distribution, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
4KUNIVERSE selects Accedo for 4K SVOD on Amazon Fire TV
Mar 21, 2017 – 4KUNIVERSE has announced the launch of its 4K Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) service on Amazon Fire TV, created and powered by Accedo. 4KUNIVERSE offers Ultra HD TV series, movies, documentaries and sports.
News categories: Accedo, 4KUNIVERSE, David George, Matthew Mancinelli, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Accedo TV app store adds RDK device support
Apr 28, 2014 – Accedo has announced an integration of Accedo Application Sphere®, Accedo’s TV app store management solution, for use on Reference Design Kit (RDK) devices.
News categories: Accedo, Lawrence Brickman, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Videantis Announces Support for WebM Project and VP8 Codec
May 21, 2010 – videantis has announced that the WebM project and the open source VP8 video codec released by Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) will be supported on the videantis v-MPx programmable processor platform.
News categories: videantis, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event