Digital TV News: GMI
GMI selects httv HbbTV firmware for HD+ SmartTV STB for Germany
Aug 21, 2012 — At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the new GMI HD+ SmartTV Set Top Box. Working closely with leading German distributor COMAG, this product is targeting the HD+ Smart TV and will offer the HD+ channels but also access to Maxdome VOD service.
News categories: httv, GMI, COMAG, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, HbbTV, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
GMI Selects ANT for German HbbTV Market
May 5, 2011 — ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Good Mind Industries (GMI) has selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its new range of set-top boxes (STBs). The product line is to be targeted at the HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) retail market.
News categories: ANT plc, GMI, COMAG, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Broadcom Completes World's First Microsoft® Mediaroom™ Client Integration With New Embedded Wireless HD Set-Top Box Solution
Mar 23, 2011 — Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its Broadcom® BCM4717V wireless system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution is the world's first to complete the Microsoft® Mediaroom™ wireless client integration inside a high definition (HD) set-top box (STB).
News categories: Broadcom, Microsoft Mediaroom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
STMicroelectronics Decoder Combines High Performance and Value for High-Definition Set-Top Boxes
Mar 22, 2010 — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has begun sampling its STi7106 high-definition (HD) video decoder. The latest evolution of ST's STi7105 single-chip decoder adds China's AVS high-definition decoding whilst maintaining the same architecture as the STi7105.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic and Sigma Announce MoCA Enabled Set-Top Box Collaboration
Jul 30, 2009 — Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) have announced their cooperative relationship to develop high definition, MoCA compliant Cable TV and IPTV Set-Top-Box (STB) reference designs.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Sigma Designs, Cable TV, Home Networking, IPTV, MoCA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Motorola Announces Strategic Cooperation Agreement with SXBN on Integrated DTV Platform
Dec 18, 2008 — Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that Hangzhou Motorola Technologies (HMT) has signed a strategic agreement for joint development of its integrated Digital TV (DTV) platform with China's Shaanxi BC & TV Intermediary Co. (SXBN).
News categories: Motorola, SXBN, China, Finance, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Latens and GMI Partner to Offer Cable Operators a Highly Secure and Flexible Set Top Solution
Aug 20, 2008 — Latens and Good Mind Industries (GMI) have announced that they have successfully partnered to offer a highly secure, cost effective set top box (STB) solution for operators of DVB-C networks.
News categories: Latens, Good Mind Industries, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box
Motorola to Enhance Digital Cable Set-Top Box Portfolio through Strategic Acquisition in China
Feb 25, 2008 — Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that it has acquired the assets related to digital cable set-top products of Zhejiang Dahua Digital Technology Co., Ltd and Hangzhou Image Silicon (collectively, Dahua Digital).
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, M&A, Set Top Box
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results