Digital TV News: GMI
GMI selects httv HbbTV firmware for HD+ SmartTV STB for Germany
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the new GMI HD+ SmartTV Set Top Box. Working closely with leading German distributor COMAG, this product is targeting the HD+ Smart TV and will offer the HD+ channels but also access to Maxdome VOD service.
News categories: httv, GMI, COMAG, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, HbbTV, IBCShow, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
GMI Selects ANT for German HbbTV Market
May 5, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Good Mind Industries (GMI) has selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its new range of set-top boxes (STBs). The product line is to be targeted at the HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) retail market.
News categories: ANT plc, GMI, COMAG, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Broadcom Completes World's First Microsoft® Mediaroom™ Client Integration With New Embedded Wireless HD Set-Top Box Solution
Mar 23, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its Broadcom® BCM4717V wireless system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution is the world's first to complete the Microsoft® Mediaroom™ wireless client integration inside a high definition (HD) set-top box (STB).
News categories: Broadcom, Microsoft Mediaroom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
STMicroelectronics Decoder Combines High Performance and Value for High-Definition Set-Top Boxes
Mar 22, 2010 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has begun sampling its STi7106 high-definition (HD) video decoder. The latest evolution of ST's STi7105 single-chip decoder adds China's AVS high-definition decoding whilst maintaining the same architecture as the STi7105.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic and Sigma Announce MoCA Enabled Set-Top Box Collaboration
Jul 30, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) have announced their cooperative relationship to develop high definition, MoCA compliant Cable TV and IPTV Set-Top-Box (STB) reference designs.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Sigma Designs, Cable TV, Home Networking, IPTV, MoCA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Motorola Announces Strategic Cooperation Agreement with SXBN on Integrated DTV Platform
Dec 18, 2008 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that Hangzhou Motorola Technologies (HMT) has signed a strategic agreement for joint development of its integrated Digital TV (DTV) platform with China's Shaanxi BC & TV Intermediary Co. (SXBN).
News categories: Motorola, SXBN, China, Finance, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Latens and GMI Partner to Offer Cable Operators a Highly Secure and Flexible Set Top Solution
Aug 20, 2008 – Latens and Good Mind Industries (GMI) have announced that they have successfully partnered to offer a highly secure, cost effective set top box (STB) solution for operators of DVB-C networks.
News categories: Latens, Good Mind Industries, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, Set Top Box
Motorola to Enhance Digital Cable Set-Top Box Portfolio through Strategic Acquisition in China
Feb 25, 2008 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that it has acquired the assets related to digital cable set-top products of Zhejiang Dahua Digital Technology Co., Ltd and Hangzhou Image Silicon (collectively, Dahua Digital).
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, M&A, Set Top Box
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million