Digital TV News: MTG
Viasat Nordic satellite subscriber base continues to decline
Feb 13, 2013 — Modern Times Group (MTG) [Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB] has announced results for the quarter ended 31 December 2012. Viasat's Nordic satellite subscriber base ended 2012 at 592,000, down from 603,000 at the end of the previous quarter and from 638,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Baltics, Finland, Norway, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Ukraine
MTG launches new pre-paid satellite pay-TV service in Ukraine
Sep 25, 2012 — Modern Times Group (STO: MTGA, MTGB) has announced that it has launched 'UA.TV', a pre-paid satellite pay-TV service in Ukraine. UA.TV is sold on a monthly pre-paid basis and is available alongside MTG's Viasat Ukraine satellite pay-TV platform.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Viasat, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
Viaplay selects Irdeto to secure OTT on iPhone and iPad
Jul 3, 2012 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Viaplay, the OTT company of MTG (Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB), is using Irdeto ActiveCloak for Media to allow it to expand the range of devices from which consumers can view premium content, starting with the iPhone and iPad.
News categories: Irdeto, Viaplay, Content Protection, Denmark, DRM, Finland, Norway, OTT, Russia, Smartphone, Sweden, Tablet
Viaplay launches advanced TV streaming services with Netgem in Sweden
Jun 12, 2012 — Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has been selected by Viaplay (Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB) to supply its Viaplay Box. The Viaplay box offers viewers OTT-delivered TV channels, free to air terrestrial channels and Viaplay services in one single set-top box.
News categories: Netgem, Viaplay, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial, UPnP
MTG’s Viaplay pay-TV service now available on Samsung Smart TV sets
Aug 31, 2011 — MTG (STO: MTGA,MTGB) has announced that it has entered into a strategic cooperation with Samsung Electronics Nordic. MTG’s Viaplay service is now available on all 2011 Samsung Smart TVs and 2010 Internet@TV sets across the Nordic region.
News categories: MTG, Samsung, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
MTG launches ‘Viaplay’ multi-screen on-demand pay-TV service
Feb 23, 2011 — MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has announced that it will launch an on-demand pay-TV service in Scandinavia in March. The service – Viaplay - will enable a subscriber to use a single ID and password to access Viasat pay-TV content on any internet-connected device.
News categories: MTG, Denmark, Digital TV, Mobile, Moldova, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
MTG Launches Viasat 3D
Dec 16, 2010 — Modern Times Group (STO:MTGB, MTGA) has announced that Viasat Broadcasting is the first Scandinavian pay-TV operator to launch a 3D TV service. Viasat 3D is now available to satellite subscribers through Viasat’s digital OnDemand set-top box.
News categories: Modern Times Group, 3D, Denmark, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
MTG Makes OnDemand Pay-TV Offering Available on Internet Enabled Televisions
Nov 11, 2010 — MTG (OMX: MTGA, MTGB) has entered into a cooperation with LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) in the Nordic region. Viasat is making its Viasat OnDemand internet pay-TV services available directly on all LG TV sets enabled with NetCast functionality.
News categories: MTG, LG Electronics, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results