Bangladesh Digital TV News
Thales Alenia Space to build Bangabandhu satellite for Bangladesh
Nov 12, 2015 – Thales Alenia Space has announced that it has signed a contract with the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) to build the Bangabandhu satellite. The satellite will take broadcasting and telecommunication services to rural areas.
News categories: Thales, BTRC, Jean Loic Galle, Md Golam Razzaque, Bangladesh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
South Asia STB shipments see phenomenal rise
Nov 4, 2015 – With the pay-TV industry in all major SAARC countries moving toward digitization, set-top boxes of all kinds from SD to HDTV and hybrid boxes are witnessing steady and robust growth, according to new research from Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
DTH driving HDTV boom in South Asia
Aug 25, 2015 – The HDTV segment in the SAARC region is expected to boom over the next three years, according to Dataxis. The company reports a steady increase in both HDTV subscribers and HDTV channels in the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Smart TV, Sri Lanka
STB shipments to South Asian countries rise 20% in Q2 2015
Jul 30, 2015 – The set-top box (STB) market in major South Asian countries (Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) is witnessing steady and robust growth, as digitisation in India and other countries in the region is propelling the demand for STBs, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja Vn, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Bangladesh tenders for DTH satellite
Mar 29, 2015 – The Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) has issued a tender for the delivery of a Geosynchronous Satellite System for the provision of Communications and Broadcasting Services to Bangladesh and the surrounding region.
News categories: BTRC, Bangladesh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
GS Group and Beximco announce launch of first DTH company for Bangladesh
May 27, 2014 – Beximco Group has announced a joint venture with Russian investment and industry holding giant GS Group to launch Bangladesh’s first DTH (Direct to Home) company for TV viewers in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Salman F Rahman, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
Ku-band Supply Crisis in South Asia: Myth or Reality?
Nov 27, 2007 – Direct-to-Home (DTH) services are the red hot topic in the South Asian commercial transponder market. Many within the industry are even raising the question if there simply is enough Ku-band transponder supply available and planned for the coming years to meet the rapid increase in Ku-band capacity demand in the region.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Bangladesh, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Pakistan, Satellite, Sri Lanka, TV Services
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform