Bangladesh Digital TV News
South Asia STB shipments see phenomenal rise
Nov 4, 2015 – With the pay-TV industry in all major SAARC countries moving toward digitization, set-top boxes of all kinds from SD to HDTV and hybrid boxes are witnessing steady and robust growth, according to new research from Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
DTH driving HDTV boom in South Asia
Aug 25, 2015 – The HDTV segment in the SAARC region is expected to boom over the next three years, according to Dataxis. The company reports a steady increase in both HDTV subscribers and HDTV channels in the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Smart TV, Sri Lanka
STB shipments to South Asian countries rise 20% in Q2 2015
Jul 30, 2015 – The set-top box (STB) market in major South Asian countries (Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) is witnessing steady and robust growth, as digitisation in India and other countries in the region is propelling the demand for STBs, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja Vn, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Bangladesh tenders for DTH satellite
Mar 29, 2015 – The Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) has issued a tender for the delivery of a Geosynchronous Satellite System for the provision of Communications and Broadcasting Services to Bangladesh and the surrounding region.
News categories: BTRC, Bangladesh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
GS Group and Beximco announce launch of first DTH company for Bangladesh
May 27, 2014 – Beximco Group has announced a joint venture with Russian investment and industry holding giant GS Group to launch Bangladesh’s first DTH (Direct to Home) company for TV viewers in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Salman F Rahman, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
Ku-band Supply Crisis in South Asia: Myth or Reality?
Nov 27, 2007 – Direct-to-Home (DTH) services are the red hot topic in the South Asian commercial transponder market. Many within the industry are even raising the question if there simply is enough Ku-band transponder supply available and planned for the coming years to meet the rapid increase in Ku-band capacity demand in the region.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Bangladesh, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Pakistan, Satellite, Sri Lanka, TV Services
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service