Worldwide (not region-specific) Digital TV News
Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
Nov 20, 2019 – According to ABI Research, for superior user experience, especially in the live streaming segment, low latency streaming is becoming essential. The company forecasts that live video streaming is expected to grow at CAGR 10% to a 91 million subscriber base in 2024.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
Nov 20, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has prepared an update to its CI Plus Host software stack for TVs and Set Top Boxes. The latest release includes support for version 2.0 of the specification which targets new USB form factor Conditional Access Modules (CAMs).
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
Nov 19, 2019 – Edgeware and ENENSYS have announced that the two companies are forming a technological and global sales alliance. The companies will cooperate on key opportunities which leverage the strengths of each in their respective markets.
News categories: ENENSYS, Andy Hooper, Claude Seyrat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
Nov 18, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the six months to 30 September 2019. izzi Telecom further increased its adoption of Mirada's technology during the period, with a high increase in both the installation rate of STBs and number of households using Mirada products.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
Nov 14, 2019 – BuyDRM has announced that Rakuten Viki has chosen the KeyOS MultiKey Service to secure the delivery of premium content on the Viki.com platform. Rakuten Viki’s users will receive DRM license keys to playback content from the MultiKey Service platform.
News categories: BuyDRM, Viki, Christopher Levy, Omkiran Sharma, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
Nov 14, 2019 – INNOPIA has announced a Netflix integrated, Android TV Hybrid STB platform based on Amlogic silicon and Verimatrix security. The platform meets the security requirements specified by the MovieLabs’ Specifications for Enhanced Content Protection.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amlogic, INNOPIA, Steve Oetegenn, James Xie, HeeWon Park, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
Nov 13, 2019 – Netflix and Nickelodeon have announced that they have made a deal to produce original animated feature films and television series - based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as new IP - for kids and families around the world.
News categories: Netflix, Nickelodeon, Melissa Cobb, Brian Robbins, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
DVB approves DVB-I specification
Nov 13, 2019 – DVB has announced the approval of its DVB-I specification by the DVB Steering Board. The DVB-I specification aims to ensure that linear television delivered over the internet is as user-friendly and robust as a traditional broadcast TV experience.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
Nov 13, 2019 – Irdeto and Amlogic have launched a set-top box (STB) platform that is pre-certified under the Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid program. Amlogic is an SoC partner and Irdeto is a security partner to Netflix in the Hailstorm Hybrid program.
News categories: Irdeto, Amlogic, Netflix, Steeve Huin, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware