Worldwide (not region-specific) Digital TV News
StreamMetrics introduces esports streaming audience measurement service
Jul 30, 2019 – StreamMetrics has launched StreamMetrics Audience Measurement, a syndicated data service that demystifies live-stream and esports viewership by accurately measuring audience size, demographics, and engagement to provide geographically-relevant data.
News categories: StreamMetrics, Gearoid O’Brien, Seamus McAteer, Scott O’Neill, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Amino and MOBITV collaborate to provide advanced video services
Jul 29, 2019 – Amino has announced a collaboration with MOBITV. The joint Amino and MOBITV-powered service addresses both operator and consumer demand for alternative video delivery solutions and allows subscribers to enjoy a wide selection of streaming content services.
News categories: Amino, MOBITV, Donald McGarva, Bill Routt, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Voice Assistants used to control Smart Homes to grow by 769%
Jul 29, 2019 – According to Juniper Research, the number of voice assistants used to access smart home devices will reach 555 million by 2024; up from 105 million in 2019. By 2024, Juniper Research expects more than 90% of voice assistants to be used to control smart home devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, China, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Frankly to acquire Vemba to expand OTT video solutions
Jul 24, 2019 – Frankly (TSX VENTURE: TLK) has agreed to acquire Vemba. Vemba's platform, which simplifies the management, syndication, tracking and monetization of video assets, is complementary to Frankly's focus on live, linear video.
News categories: Frankly, Vemba, Lou Schwartz, Norbert Horvath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
Jul 23, 2019 – Expert System has announced the availability in its Cogito AI platform of the Creative Works Ontology developed by MovieLabs. Expert System’s platform understands language and applies metadata automatically to content assets.
News categories: Expert System Enterprise, MovieLabs, Daniel Mayer, Raymond Drewry, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
Jul 22, 2019 – The market for virtual assistants (VAs) shows strong positive momentum, driven forward by a combination of rising consumer demand and improvements in the enabling technologies, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Simon Forrest, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
Jul 22, 2019 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced the acquisition of Hillcrest Labs from InterDigital. Hillcrest Labs is a leading global supplier of software and components for sensor processing in consumer and IoT devices.
News categories: CEVA, Hillcrest Labs, Gideon Wertheizer, Chad Lucien, MnA, UX, Worldwide
Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
Jul 22, 2019 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue is forecast to total $429 billion in 2019, a decline of 9.6% from $475 billion in 2018, according to Gartner. The market is being impacted by a number of factors.
News categories: Gartner, Ben Lee, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
Jul 19, 2019 – WISI has announced that the Inca Adaptive Bitrate Transcoder 3840, its OTT transcoder, is now an option for customers deploying the MOBITV CONNECT platform. The collaboration empowers cable operators to deploy next generation video experiences to consumers.
News categories: WISI, MOBITV, Robert Bell, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019