DVR / PVR (Digital Video Recorder/Personal Video Recorder) News
DVR STB sales to surpass 179 million units by 2020
Mar 4, 2016 – According to Technavio, global in-built set-top boxes market sales will likely surpass 179 million units by 2020. The market size has been calculated based on the revenue generated from unit sales of STBs equipped with digital video recording (DVR) technology.
News categories: Technavio, Africa, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
81% of US households have a DVR, Netflix, or use VOD
Feb 5, 2016 – According to Leichtman Research (LRG), 81% of US households have a DVR, get Netflix, or use on-Demand (VOD) from a cable or Telco provider -- with 30% of households using two of the services, and 13% using all three.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Bell Fibe TV launches 4K Whole Home PVR in Canada
Jan 18, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that Fibe TV customers in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa and Québec City can now purchase Bell's new 4K Whole Home PVR. The Fibe TV 4K Whole Home PVR is the smallest available on the market, has the largest recording capacity and is HDR-ready.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Cyfrowy Polsat releases EVOBOX PVR set-top box
Jan 15, 2016 – Cyfrowy Polsat has announced that in January 2016 a new satellite set-to-box with recording functionality will be added to its offer. The EVOBOX PVR is the latest and the most advanced device created in Cyfrowy Polsat's factory in Mielec.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, DVR, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
DISH unveils Hopper 3 and HopperGO
Jan 5, 2016 – DISH Network has unveiled Hopper 3 and HopperGO. Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, 4K content options and integration of Netflix into its search results. The HopperGO wireless flash drive stores up to 100 hours of recorded content for offline viewing on smartphones and tablets.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, CES2020, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Cox Communications launches Contour service in San Diego
Nov 11, 2015 – After the completion of customer and employee trials, Cox Communications has announced the launch of the latest version of Contour to its customers in San Diego. Contour is Cox's premier video product and uses the X1 platform from Comcast.
News categories: Cox Communications, Steve Necessary, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
TDS selects ARRIS MOXI Whole Home solution
Oct 12, 2015 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that TDS Telecommunications is currently deploying the ARRIS MOXI Whole Home Solution in 11 key markets in the southwestern U.S. to give subscribers a personalized multi-room experience for browsing and accessing their entertainment.
News categories: ARRIS Group, TDS Telecom, Bob Noonan, Shane West, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Bright House Networks launches new Voyager whole-home DVR
Sep 15, 2015 – Bright House Networks has announced that it has launched Voyager, a new DVR service that combines the advanced recording capabilities of its Enhanced DVR with the convenience of its Whole House DVR to stream programs simultaneously throughout the home.
News categories: Bright House, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Mexico's Totalplay adds 4K and Netflix via an ultra HD PVR from Sagemcom
Sep 14, 2015 – Totalplay is the first carrier in Latin America to offer 4K TV to its customers, thanks to an ultra HD PVR designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The 4K PVR is built around a BCM7252S digital core from Broadcom.
News categories: Sagemcom, Totalplay, Broadcom, Olivier Taravel, Eduardo Kuri Romo, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Mexico, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software