Uganda Digital TV News
StarTimes launches DVB-T2 across Africa
Dec 18, 2012 – StarTimes has announced the launch of DVB-T2 technology in several African countries including Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Mozambique and Tanzania. In Nigeria, StarTimes is collaborating with the Nigerian Television Network (NTA) to provide DTT services.
News categories: StarTimes, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
Revised minimum specifications for digital set-top boxes for the Ugandan market
Sep 28, 2012 – The Uganda Communications Commission has made optional for DTT FTA receivers its earlier requirement that all set top boxes should have at least one embedded smart card reader or a DVB-CI slot to allow CA modules to be plugged into the box.
News categories: Uganda Communications Commission, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda
Uganda adopts DVB-T2 and MPEG-4 for DTT broadcasting
Jun 6, 2012 – The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) has announced that the country has, with immediate effect, adopted DVB-T2 and MPEG 4 as the standards to be used in the provision of Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting services.
News categories: Uganda Communications Commission, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Uganda
East African Community Ministers Want Digital Broadcast Migration Expedited
Nov 14, 2011 – At the EAC's 9th Meeting of the Sectoral Council on Transport, Communications and Meteorology (TCM), ministers directed Partner States to expedite the process of putting in place legislation for the implementation of digital TV broadcasting.
News categories: East African Community, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
MultiChoice and Pace bring new digital TV options to Africa
Sep 7, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has been selected by MultiChoice Africa to support MultiChoice's launch of its GOtv offering, which is bringing digital TV services to terrestrial subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Pace plc, MultiChoice, GOtv, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
Wananchi satellite service to launch in Uganda next month
Jul 18, 2011 – Wananchi is to launch its Zuku TV satellite service in Uganda next month. As part of the launch, Wananchi is offering to replace the set-top boxes owned by those who subscribed to the GTV DTH service that failed in 2009.
News categories: Wananchi, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uganda
SES Joins Forces with Wananchi to Launch Zuku TV DTH in East Africa
May 30, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has joined forces with Kenyan television and broadband operator Wananchi to launch a new Direct-to-Home (DTH) line-up called Zuku TV in East Africa. Zuku TV is set to launch in July using SES capacity.
News categories: SES S.A., Wananchi, Zuku, Burundi, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Satellite, Tanzania, Uganda
Star DTV connects 200,000 in East Africa
Sep 24, 2010 – East African digital TV service provider StarTimes is reaching around 200,000 subscribers in the region according to its chief marketing officer in Uganda.
News categories: StarTimes, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Subscribers, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
Wananchi and Cisco Sign Multiyear Contract to Take Triple Play to Next Level
Aug 2, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that the Wananchi Group, Africa's pioneering provider of triple-play and VSAT services, has signed a contract for the purchase of Cisco® network technology solutions and services in East Africa.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Wananchi, Burundi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA