Digital TV News: ASTRO All Asia Networks
ASTRO testing IPTV with Time dotCom in Malaysia
Sep 9, 2010 – Malaysia's ASTRO TV has been testing IPTV on the fibre optic network of Time dotCom Bhd (TDC) since the end of July. The trial involves 100 homes in the township of Mont Kiara in the Klang Valley region of Malaysia.
News categories: ASTRO TV, Time dotCom, IPTV, Malaysia, Satellite
ASTRO selects Pace set-top box for Malaysia's first HD service
Mar 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the set-top box technology to support the launch of Malaysia's first high-definition (HD) service. ASTRO has selected Pace for the premium service, which launched in December 2009.
News categories: Pace plc, ASTRO TV, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Astro announces Quarterly Financial Results Q3 FY2009
Dec 15, 2008 – Malaysia's ASTRO All Asia Networks (Kuala Lumpur:ASTRO) has announced its unaudited consolidated results for the third quarter ended 31 October 2008. Astro TV subscribers increased by 96 thousand to 2.565 million at the end of the quarter.
News categories: ASTRO All Asia Networks, India, Malaysia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Malaysia - Qualcomm completes mobile broadcast trials
Mar 18, 2008 – Wireless products and services company Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced that it has just completed a three-month technical trial of its MediaFLO technology with Maxis Communications and Astro All Asia Networks.
News categories: QUALCOMM, Maxis Communications, Astro, Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Smart TV
World Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite TV Service Revenues to Cross the US$50 Billion Mark in 2009
Mar 3, 2008 – DTH satellite TV subscribers worldwide are projected to be over 133 million in 2010, as stated in a recent report published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
QUALCOMM Teams with Maxis and Astro to Trial MediaFLO in Malaysia
Aug 29, 2007 – QUALCOMM (Nasdaq: QCOM), Maxis Communications and ASTRO All Asia Networks have announced that the companies have signed an agreement to conduct a technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO(TM) technology in Malaysia.
News categories: Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Smart TV
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity