Digital TV News: Advertiser Perceptions
Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
Jan 16, 2020 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced that according to a new survey of over 300 marketers and agencies, advanced TV is being used by the majority of advertisers to reach their target audiences.
News categories: FreeWheel, Advertiser Perceptions, Brian Wallach, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
Jun 18, 2019 – Comcast Advertising (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced the launch of an initiative called On Addressability. The broad goal of the initiative is to help the industry deliver an addressable solution that maximizes the impact and value of television as a marketing platform.
News categories: Comcast, Spectrum Reach, Cox Media, NCC Media, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Nicolle Pangis, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
FreeWheel's Blockgraph presents data-driven TV survey results
May 30, 2019 – Blockgraph (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has released a whitepaper on the future of data driven TV. The paper offers practical advice for companies moving towards the data-driven future and explores the current approaches for data sharing in the TV industry.
News categories: Blockgraph, FreeWheel, Jason Manningham, Dave Clark, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Extreme Reach platform connects all creative with any media placement
May 9, 2019 – Extreme Reach has launched AdBridge, a platform to automatically prepare and connect all creative with any media placement. AdBridge integrates asset preparation, TV delivery, video ad serving, Talent & Rights management and overall creative asset management in one platform.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Tim Conley, Matt Timothy, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
FreeWheel cuts inefficiencies in the local TV advertising process
Apr 9, 2019 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has launched enhancements to its Strata platform that will bring additional automation to the local TV advertising process. These enhancements will bring greater efficiencies to many of the tasks associated with buying such advertising.
News categories: FreeWheel, Joy Baer, Adam Herman, Brett Jenkins, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Linear TV and Premium Digital Video increasingly converging
Mar 27, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced the launch of its fourth quarter Video Marketplace Report (VMR). 2018 marked a big year in the coming together of linear TV and premium digital video, and significant industry moves to unify advertising across both sectors.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Dworin, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Sizmek unveils solution for Advanced TV
Sep 12, 2018 – Sizmek has announced the launch of an Advanced TV initiative with plans to roll-out an integrated solution across linear, addressable, and connected TV. Users will be able to apply AI-driven insights from digital advertising to TV for optimal targeting, reach and frequency.
News categories: Sizmek, Mark Grether, Mark Zagorski, Carmen Graf, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Connected TV emerges as advertising's fastest-growing video segment
Jun 7, 2018 – Marketers plan to dramatically increase their budget commitments to Connected Television (CTV). In fact, 78% of marketers surveyed plan to buy ad inventory on streaming TV within the next 12 months, according to the latest SteelHouse survey.
News categories: SteelHouse, David U. Simon, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020