Digital TV News: BARC India
India launches premium homes viewership measurement
Jun 30, 2019 – BARC India has announced the launch of 'PrimaVU' aimed at measuring viewership from premium homes. With PrimaVU, BARC India introduces the concept of 'Viewing Minutes', the sum of all individuals watching an event and the time spent by each.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India
Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
May 15, 2019 – Media measurement bodies, BARC (India), Médiamétrie (France), Numeris (Canada) and Video Research (Japan) have announced that they will collaborate on future audience measurement initiatives including the development of common technical standards and operational processes.
News categories: BARC India, Médiamétrie, Numeris, Video Research, Partho Dasgupta, Bruno Chetaille, Neil McEneaney, Yuzuru Kato, Brad Bedford, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, France, India, Japan
BARC India to integrate TV and Out of Home TV viewership
Mar 25, 2019 – BARC India has added another offering to its suite of insight products. Starting this year, BARC India will be integrating TV and Out of Home TV viewership in its BARC India Media Workstation (BMW) software.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Advertising, Big Data, India
BARC India collaborates with IITs on TV audience measurement innovation
Dec 27, 2018 – In a bid to seek solutions to better meet the needs of TV audience measurement, BARC India has partnered with the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). IITs across the country were asked to suggest new ways of measuring TV viewing habits of 836 million TV owning individuals.
News categories: BARC India, Romil Ramgarhia, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Market Research
BARC India releases Broadcast India 2018 survey
Jul 26, 2018 – BARC India has released findings from its Broadcast India (BI) 2018 Survey. According to the survey, India currently has 298 million homes, of which 197 million have a TV set, providing an opportunity for almost 100 million more TV homes in the country.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
BARC India partners with Airtel Digital TV for Return Path Data
Mar 7, 2018 – BARC India has tied up with Airtel Digital TV to include its subscriber homes in the BARC India Return Path Data (RPD) Panel. This partnership will provide fillip to BARC India’s plan of scaling up panel homes to multiples of the mandated 50,000.
News categories: BARC India, Airtel, Romil Ramgarhia, Sunil Taldar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
BARC India to measure TV viewing using DEN Networks return path data
Oct 13, 2017 – TV viewership measurement in India is set to get a boost. BARC India has partnered with cable distribution giant DEN Networks for measuring TV viewership using Return Path Data (RPD) via its digital set top boxes (STBs).
News categories: BARC India, DEN Networks, Romil Ramgarhia, SN Sharma, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Set Top Box
BARC India partners with Nielsen for video measurement
Jul 4, 2017 – After announcing that its video measurement products will be made available under the EKAM brand, BARC India has appointed Nielsen India as its primary digital measurement partner. Nielsen will fuse its global experience with adaptations to meet the unique needs of the Indian market.
News categories: BARC India, Nielsen, Partho Dasgupta, Steve Hasker, Prasun Basu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India
BARC India to roll out measurement platform for TV and Digital
Apr 10, 2017 – BARC India has announced the roll-out of its digital measurement service under the brand name EKAM. BARC India aims to provide the advertising industry with a single platform for all measurement products, across TV and Digital.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Market Research
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.