Digital TV News: Best Buy
VIZIO reports Q1 2023 financial results
May 9, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended March 31, 2023. The company reported that there are now 17.5 million SmartCast Active Accounts. SmartCast ARPU was $29.20, up 23% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
Mar 10, 2023 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) is partnering with Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU) to provide its first-party data for targeting and measurement. Best Buy will also give shoppers exclusive access to Roku-branded TVs.
News categories: Roku, Best Buy, Julian Mintz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Roku announces retail availability of own-branded TVs
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the features and availability of its new Roku Select and Plus Series TVs, the first ever to be both designed and made by Roku.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
OS updates coming to Roku devices in the U.S. this spring
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced platform-wide updates to its OS, with updates to Live TV, content discovery, Sports, the Roku Mobile App, and more rolling out in the U.S. this spring.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, UX
VIDAA brings Smart TV OS to the U.S. market with Hisense
Jan 6, 2023 – VIDAA has launched its OS in the U.S. market on Hisense Smart TVs following a large-scale deployment in Latin America, completing the global distribution of VIDAA in all major markets.
News categories: VIDAA, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Hisense lineup of NEXTGEN TVs comes to U.S. retail
Aug 23, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced that NEXTGEN TV models from Hisense, U7H and U8H, are now available at retail in the US. Hisense joins other manufacturers - Sony, Samsung and LG - that already have more than 70 models in stores.
News categories: Pearl TV, Hisense, Anne Schelle, David Gold, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
May 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The company expects to launch the first TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS in late 2023 or early 2024.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amazon and Best Buy announce Fire TV Smart TVs from Pioneer and Toshiba
Sep 9, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) have announced a lineup of smart TVs with Fire TV built-in from Pioneer and an upcoming Toshiba series featuring far-field voice.
News categories: Amazon, Best Buy, Daniel Rausch, Luke Motschenbacher, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Amazon-built TVs launched in the U.S.
Sep 9, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced a new lineup of Fire TV devices with its first-ever Amazon-built smart TVs, the Amazon Fire TV Omni Series and 4-Series smart TVs, and the all-new Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.