Digital TV News: Competition Commission of India
Competition Commission of India approves VIDEOCON D2H-Dish TV merger
May 9, 2017 – Videocon d2h has received approval from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) for the proposed merger of Videocon d2h and Dish TV. The new entity will be called Dish TV Videocon Limited.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Dish TV India, Competition Commission of India, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, India, MandA, Satellite
Dish TV India adds 204,000 subscribers in 4Q 2016
Jan 30, 2017 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV) has reported its third quarter fiscal 2017 results. The company added 204 thousand subscribers during the quarter to close with a subscriber base of 15.3 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Videocon D2H to merge with Dish TV India
Nov 11, 2016 – The Board of Directors of Dish TV (NSE: DISHTV) and Videocon d2h (NASDAQ: VDTH) have approved a scheme of arrangement for the amalgamation of Vd2h into Dish TV and the execution of definitive agreements in relation to such amalgamation.
News categories: Dish TV India, Videocon d2h, Jawahar Lal Goel, Saurabh Dhoot, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, MandA, Satellite
India's DTH set-top boxes may have to be interoperable
Aug 11, 2009 – India's DTH operators could be asked to provide inter-operable set-top boxes with the Competition Commission of India (CCI) seeing prima facie merit in a complaint filed by a consumer organisation that it is in violation of competition laws.
News categories: Competition Commission of India, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results